Kicker trottle control

Hey guys I picked up a used 9.9 Evinrude to use as a kicker on my 26' Islander, My freind that works on marine stuff says they are Suzuli power head and are great little motors, but I want a trttle controller and Controlking doesn't make one for my application and trollmaster doesn't list one either any help would be appreciated. Thanks!!!!!!!!

I would contact Trollmaster directly. I have one on my T8 Yamaha and wouldn't be without it. (Actually was my wife's idea when we bought the boat). Money well spent. I did have an issue with the reostat that sets the speed. I emailed the guy, sent the unit to him and he replaced the reostat, no charge. Great service.

I do have to be careful using my marine band radio while trolling with it. Something about the frequency of the radio that doesn't like it when I key the mic. To avoid blowing the fuse on the radio I just shut the power off on the Trollmaster. The TM stays locked on that speed so I can chat when done I just turn the power back on. Not a big deal once I figured this out.

Money well spent!!!

I talked to the guy at con-Troll King and he said that they don't have an application for my kicker, I finally got an web address for Troll-Master which apparently was bought out by MarineTech, and they are not fully updated on their web site yet. But I put an email into them tonight about my application so I'm crossing my fingers. We picked the motor up tonight along with the heavy duty 16" Panther bracket that's rated up to 35HP (nice bracket and functions real well) and we mounted the bracket and motor, everything works good on the boat, so know its time to get some kind of controller hopefully. I am good with fabrication stuff (I use to drag race and I built our own cars from the ground up along with about 10 other cars the past 15 years of racing) along with being a mechanic for the past 23 years I have acquired good fab skills. Looking at my motor and the pictures they have on the web I got to believe there is a way to get one to work. :grin:

After getting the motor and mounting the motor I dug into what I could do. After looking at Troll-master's web site and co-troll king web site and my application, I'm sure I can get one to work. I called the gentleman back at Con-Troll King and explained to him what I was planning to do, and he felt I was right, he's sending me a kit with a few extra parts, to see if I can get it to work. Nice guy. I tried calling Troll-Master 4 times today and an e-mail with no response. I think I wound up with the better deal anyway. I don't know were you guys are seeing were Depth Raider is making a control unit, ChampionShip posted that earlier and I still don't find it on their web site or at Kell labs web site, but thanks for the info.

Thanks again for the info guys, I did see the add in amagazine today. Already have the con troll king on the way though. waiting for it to show up and finish the project (spend more money, so I can burn less overseas gas):thumb: Know I got another ? how to steer? the guy at the marine dealer said it would steer by using the main outdrive as a rutter, what do you guys think? I think on real calm days probably would be OK, bot on 1-3 footers I don't thik I'll have good control. Getting a motor bracket to tye the main outdrive to the kicker will be tough, especially when the main needs to be raised up, other than the TR1 gold what would you guys recommend, the panther unit? or what else do you guys do when running on the kicker?:help::help:

The EZ steer would be an option for linking the kicker to main motor for steering purposes. You can buy a box off the shelf or you can customize it and get it right the first time. Measure your kicker to the main and call MarineTech and speak with the EZ steer people. I had to deal with them this week and I received really decent service from the guy I dealt with.... just a thought.