Cabo Report (Bad Market 4/17-4/18)

We had the privilege of having the legendary great lakes sportfishing team, Captains George & Chris Peplinski of Netminder Charters from Onekema Mi along with their family aboard the Bad Market with Captain Andres. George's daughter Heather was married in Cabo on 4/20...Congrats Heather!! Prior to sunday Charlie had been sticking a few marlin near destilaradas and Andres decided to make the run to the Gordo Bank where he set up 4-5 miles outside. There they found very nice 73 degree blue water and were able to give the Netminder Charters family the opportunity to reel in 4 nice striped marlin to the boat. Congrats guys and we look forward to seeing you again

On the following day we took out a long time customer and his son that fish a lot of tournaments with us here at Pochos. Captain Andres ran out to the same spot he was able to find the fish the day prior and raised the bar by pulling in 5 striped Marlin for Sonny and his son.

We are now gearing up for the IGFA tournament in a few weeks as we have 3 invited boats out of our fleet that will be fishing teams from all over the country.

Peplinski5.jpg

Peplinski4.jpg

Peplinski6.jpg

Peplinski2.jpg

Peplinski3.jpg

Peplinski1.jpg

Captian Andres proudly flying his flags on the Bad Market!!

41811BadMarket.jpg

Just got back from Punta Cana. Paid for a 10 hour vip charter threw firstclass fishing charters. What I got was some Ham sandwiches, Rusty bait rigs, oxidized fishing reels and rods and carbon monoxide poisioning from diesel exhaust fumes from a 42 foot 30 year old bertram that looks nothing like the picture on there web page. Glad I held back half untill after the charter. felt bad for the first mate becuse he worked his but off but no fish. wich I attribute to junk equipment. I still tipped him but my wife was so sick from engine exhaust I told the captain to take us in after 6 hour. sad thing is I really researched this charter and they were in the top 40 of over 200 offered in Dominic Republic on every review site I looked at. I would have hated to take the one ranked at 100.

I told my wife I wanted to got to Cabo before she picked Punta Cana.:eek: By the way. Sweet picks thanks for sharing. I feel bad that I lost an opportunity to fish for one of the great fish. Hope I can get an opportunity to go and try it again with a good charter.

Heck, as long as you keep me away from "Cabo Magic" Im in !!!

Didn't like there "Magic" hey! It's like anything though, there is bad with the good. Majority of charters in Cabo are excellent and with some research you can find the right ones. Pochos does have some bad days though and skunks have happened.....just hasn't happened in a while:grin: