Big Board material question

I have an old pair of wave walker foam boards that I love. but now they are starting to break down and I can't find the company to get new ones. So I am going to use the same hard wear and use the old boards for templates.

I need some ideas as what to use for the new boards. I don't think we want wood and I am in the process of trying some PVC 1x12 I found in the local lowes.

What are some of your ideas like a foam or anything synthetic.

Thanks Steve

The best boards I or my old man ever found were Super Ski's made in New York I believe. They've long gona away, but they were a very dense form board. I never liked wood as they absord water, and you need to maintain them everytime you chip the paint. I'd se how well the PVC you found floats, if it is very boyyant, then go for it.

I have an old pair of wave walker foam boards that I love. but now they are starting to break down and I can't find the company to get new ones. So I am going to use the same hard wear and use the old boards for templates.

I need some ideas as what to use for the new boards. I don't think we want wood and I am in the process of trying some PVC 1x12 I found in the local lowes.

What are some of your ideas like a foam or anything synthetic.

Thanks Steve

just a suggestion. there is a guy on ebay that makes and sells double boards out of cedar. they are priced reasonable and they work great. right now im using a set made out of redwood then painted, that i bought at a bait shop in geneva ohio. i,ve used them in 4 ft waves or larger and they still worked great. i had used all kinds of the plastic and foam boards and i wasnt happy with any of them. the otter boards by big jon i never used. but the custom wood boards are the only way to go as far as im concerned. but they have to be made out of a good board cedar, redwood, teak or something like that. i fish out of geneva and i seen more charter boats using custom boards than all the other boards put together. if you want to make your own. if you cant find what you want to make them out of. try redwood. i,ve had mine for about 15 yrs. they are just as good today as the day i bought them. they are pretty big and they are double boards. but they do fold up.