Casting For Cohos

Nailer

I seen that guy ( or another just like him) fishing from a kayak at South Haven a couple weeks ago. He was way in tight to the beach inside of all the boats. I was to far away to see if he was catching fish or not, but he kept going back and forth in a fairly small area.

Looks like fun, any idea on the kind of Kayak he was using? I'd like to get something similar for my little lake blue gill fishing.

Looks like a Hobie Mirage Pro Angler and they are only $2500. I wish I could afford one because they are sweet kayaks and incredibly stable. You can not only catch gills in your little lake but you can use it for shark fishing too. The guy in the video even has the livewell behind his seat. It only costs $250 extra but your bait will stay alive.

• 11 months later...
This looks like a blast.

That's a Hobie Kayak. They are very stable. In calm seas it would be very hard to "fall out".

What tackle are you using? I have an Ocean Kayak Prowler I am rigging for fishing for an alternative to my Lund Impact.

There are many kayaks designed for fishing that are very stable, and not as expensive as the Hobie line. I got mine for less than a grand. Even has a mount in the bottom for a transducer and a mount for a battery. You can also get trolling motors on them.

With $4+ gal gas, I think you'll see many more kayaks out fishing.

That's a Hobie Kayak. They are very stable. In calm seas it would be very hard to "fall out".

What tackle are you using? I have an Ocean Kayak Prowler I am rigging for fishing for an alternative to my Lund Impact.

There are many kayaks designed for fishing that are very stable, and not as expensive as the Hobie line. I got mine for less than a grand. Even has a mount in the bottom for a transducer and a mount for a battery. You can also get trolling motors on them.

With $4+ gal gas, I think you'll see many more kayaks out fishing.

Rick, Welcome to the site. I just found, and posted this (It's not me).

• 2 weeks later...