Connecting GPS to Autopilot Question

I am trying to connect my Raymarine X-5 AP to my Garmin GPSMap 292 using the NMEA wires. But I am a little confused with the manual. On the AP computer there are 4 NWEA connections, + in, - in, + out and - out. In the GPS manual it shows an NMEA in and NMEA out wire. The diagram shows the NMEA out wire going to the + connection on the AP. I'm assuming this connects to the NMEA + in on the AP computer. But the GPS manual shows the - wire going to the - wire coming from the power source. Is that correct? Do I just run the NMEA out wire from the GPS to the + in connection on the AP computer then run a wire from the - on the battery to the - in connection on the AP computer? Don't want to screw it up, thanks.

I would like to know also , I had hooked up my gps to my radio and only used 2 wires and a shielding wire. Because they are not clear on which wires to use.

Did you talk with anyone from Raymarine or Garmin?

When I finished the Icon on my radio lit up so I think its working. NEMA is suppost to be a standard, they just havent standardized the wiring to match it.

I just hooked up Our Lowrance 7200C to a Raymarine X-10 course computer. The computer runs the Auto Pilot. Our Lowrance is NMEA 2000, the connections on X-10 are SeaTalk,- SeaTalk ng, - and 2 NMEA 0183 connection points. The Lowrance manual says I have 5 NMEA wires plus the sheild, Well looks like I have 6 plus the sheild. Here is what's in the Lowrance manual, Im thinking the wire color should be a "standard Color"

COM- 1 To Unit

Yellow (transmit) --to-- Receive (+) To Other

Orange (Receive) --to Transmit (-) Device

Shield (Ground) --to-- Ground

Com-2 To Unit

Blue (Transmit)--to -- Receive To Other

Green (Receive)--to-- Transmit Device

Shield (Gound)--to Ground

I also have a Grey Wire in the same bundle, don't know what that might be yet..

My issue with all this is I am powering my NMEA 2000 system AND I am also powering the X-10. 2 differant systems independent. really need to talk to someone before I reconnect the batteries..