Craig ask me if i wanted to go fishing?? easy answer. So Capt craig Capt tom and i started a little north of gurney creek in 8 fow. Got the six rods out and leaning how to run big boards it took a while to get my side out lol. Anyways first hit was on a J9 blue and silver stickbait in the stained water off gurney. Kept going back and forth for 2 miles. Picked up two more browns and a laker and missed one. blue and silver j9 went 3 times, perch went once , and gold and black went once 100 back on all. Lake was great ,weather was great, i even got a little sun burn. Its good to be back fishing

Big boards are easy Matt. I ran them a ton in my early years of big water fishing as well as during my chartering days. If you set the spool tension on the reel just right so that its not too tight and too loose the bait can pull the release out and down the line while you run another out.;) Kinda like letting a dipsey creep out with the drag.

Also, some tips on strikes. Watch the planer board line where the release is. Youll see the release pull out on the planer line making a more pronounced "V" if it gets fowled up, has a shaker or just a solid bite. Gives you that added response time compared to watching the rod tips.:thumb: Just a little jump to get up, get on the rod and get that slack out.

Youll catch on quick.;)

Big boards are easy Matt. I ran them a ton in my early years of big water fishing as well as during my chartering days. If you set the spool tension on the reel just right so that its not too tight and too loose the bait can pull the release out and down the line while you run another out.;) Kinda like letting a dipsey creep out with the drag.

Also, some tips on strikes. Watch the planer board line where the release is. Youll see the release pull out on the planer line making a more pronounced "V" if it gets fowled up, has a shaker or just a solid bite. Gives you that added response time compared to watching the rod tips.:thumb: Just a little jump to get up, get on the rod and get that slack out.

Youll catch on quick.;)

Adam is 100% correct ,this is how Ive always done it also.

Good deal. Im looking forward to hearing about your adventures this summer. I know youll like the charter gig. You meet allot of great folks and will have allot of fun along the way....ecspecially when you have children on board and they catch theyre first etc. Good stuff...enjoy buddy.:thumb: