Headed out of South Shore

max23

Hey guys

My first post and I hope to not get bashed like on lake link. Ive been on Lake michigan outa milwaukee for a few years now and am no expert. I didnt want to post a question on the fishing reports because it isnt one. Im headed out of south shore in a few days and was planning on zigzaggin with depths starting out shallow. Running some thin fins, hot n tots, and spoons and lookin for any advice. Guess Ill see what happens but really hopin to get into some silver fish out there??

Hey guys

My first post and I hope to not get bashed like on lake link. Ive been on Lake michigan outa milwaukee for a few years now and am no expert. I didnt want to post a question on the fishing reports because it isnt one. Im headed out of south shore in a few days and was planning on zigzaggin with depths starting out shallow. Running some thin fins, hot n tots, and spoons and lookin for any advice. Guess Ill see what happens but really hopin to get into some silver fish out there??

Why would you ask a question like that!:lol: Just kidding, nice to see another Milwaukee guy. It might work for you but the water might be a tad cold around there. A buddy and I were just talking about browns today and the magic temp for fishing outside the warm harbor water is 40 degrees. If it's colder than that outside the harbor our expierence has been it's a waste of time. Good luck.

Good luck and welcome aboard! Besides Captain Russ who already answered there are a few Milwaukee guys around who should be able to help. I think there is a report or 2 in the Wisconsin section, though they weren't to encouraging. Feel free to look around and stop in the Welcome section and introduce yourself. You will find this site to be very friendly.

Good luck out there! They started picking up Coho's last weekend. I PM'ed one guy on LL about fishing last weekend and he was using Flicker Shads. 20-40' of water and was nailing fish good. I'm two weeks out from feeshing the big water, but can't wait. I ran to Port Washington 2 weeks ago, after that big rain, and had my first skunk in 5 years....Won't be long, and we'll be POUNDING fish.

Hey thanks for the welcome! This will be my third time out this year and I've only boated one 15 lb brown. I've run into 39 deg water so I guess were close. And I do have two flicker shads to run. Its supposed to be 70 on sunday so maybe it will warm it up a little. Thanks again see you on the water

I am also a mke guy, we multiplying on the site, nice..... Don't worry about lake link, I wouldn't wipe my arse with that site. I launch the boat next Friday, so I really don't have good advice other than fish south for now and keep changing lures till you find what they want.

Hey thanks for the welcome! This will be my third time out this year and I've only boated one 15 lb brown. I've run into 39 deg water so I guess were close. And I do have two flicker shads to run. Its supposed to be 70 on sunday so maybe it will warm it up a little. Thanks again see you on the water

Welcome Max, Captain Russ wont' steer you wrong, Everything you get from LL you have to take with a little salt. Not here though. Ask all the questions you like . We all have our opinions too.

Hey you know you are welcome to join GLSF of Milwaukee. We have our meetings on the second Tuesday of the month Lots of good info and friendly guys there too. If you would like more info just PM me and I'll get it to you. We have vendor night next week . Guests are welcome also.