trout program

Im trying to put a program together for when the kings dont want to bite. I know tin can dodgers with spin in glows. But i want to know where two spin in glows work VS one. Whats the magic distance between the dodger and spin n glow. So all the input is good.

lucky charm dodger / chartruse-green spin n glo with mylar wings. Chrome hammered dodger/ fire dot with mylar wings. Trash can and Hyptnotist . Pro Troll mtn dew 8" UV crush tape with chartruse and green spin n glo one yellow bead 8mm then a hyptnotist teaser fly. Just remember that when your measuring a spin n glo use measure the diameter vs the length I made the mistake when I ordered and ended up with a bunch of tiny spin n glos.

I like OO dogers and cowbells personally i like silver mostly but greens, yellows, and whites have there days....i just posted on another thread also....my favorites over the years have been green and white spin n glows or the yellow fire dot one...the glow one with pink dots is a favorite among alot of charter boats....the ones i use are bout an inch & 1/4 long....the smaller doger doesnt pull as much and seems to work just as well....as far as the leader goes i like it on the short side 12-18" using 40lb florocarbon for a leader material less will break of alot.....and i usally run them 10-20 feet behind the ball....the smaller doger will also allow you to run faster keeping your silver fish program working while your at it.....last year we did well fishing steelhead on the boards with 2 riggers deep for trout 60-70 over 65-80feet running kinda hot 2.6-3.0 i had a silver doger green white spin n glow on one and a white yellow doger yellow fire dot spinny on the other i never changed em and we limited every time usally throwing back many lakers in the process of trying to get our steelhead....:thumb:

If i was just fishing for lakers on my boat i would run slow like 2.2 dogers on the outdowns say 60-70, 1 cowbell rig on a back rigger the deepest 80 down, a big silver stinger on the other back rigger like 73 down on the 60 side and 2 wire dipseys out like 130 with big dogers and spin n glows..if i was targeting say 75 feet...but its been a while since ive had the sea wolf in huron i usally take my buddies boats and he only has 2 riggers....man you'd kill em like that for sure....

Edited by Seawolf XI
sp

LOL matt i thought you guys were pros at this stuff.....maybe we need a seminar.....heres the super secret stuff for manistee btw.....white and blue fluted cowbells big ones you'll have to paint them your self with a glow or yellow fire dot spin n glow or wobble glo...i like wobbles behind bells better....and shhhh dont let ne one know....lol....and steaples even or that litttle hump down by gurney are good spots and some times the 6's hold alot of trout too.....if you bounce bottom make a 5 foot extension out of downrigger wire and clip the realease to the top swivel and run like a 20-30 ft lead this will keep the zebra mussles off the hooks and bells ride down a couple of feet while riding in the plume the ball kicks up me and my dad where lake trout killers in the 70s and 80s.....and i fish huron alot for em....rich does pretty well with tin cans and the glow spinny and prospoons down south...the set up i listed above works well but i know u only run 3 riggers so cowbell down the middle and dogers on the out downs and divers and you can still run a fly in the spread for a king or 2..........i didnt realize you were the intial poster......bjorn

LOL matt i thought you guys were pros at this stuf

Its kind of hard to get people to want to go trout fishing. They have a bad rap in the great lakes. Half the people dont even want to take them home. So with the king fishing like it was, were going to expand on our tactics.