Got the run around

I was over to Port Sanilac today to see a client, so I went down to the DNR ramp and no docks in yet and its 63 degree's and no Ice as far as you can see thru 10x50 bi-nocks

So I went over to the city launch its full of snow in the ramp, seen a guy walking to the shop and asked him, whats up with the DNR ramp docks? he looked at me like:confused: then stated that the DNR launch was run by Lexington Habor now, Ok I said so I drove down to Lexington Harbor and One dock in NO body around but I did find the fish counter from DNR I asked her what was up with Port Sanilac Harbor, and she said well thats run by LakePort now and they don't know what they are going to do at Port Sanilc yet :no: they are in charge now and want build new docks.

In a nut shell It sounds like Port Sanilac is ticked over the $10.00 fee that can be bought now with your plate and they- Port Sanilac city always was in the booth taking $ before don"t like it :mad:

So I'am calling Jim Baker tomorrow in Bay City on a couple other things and see what He has to say:thumb:

Give 'em hell!! It wasn't us that decided to do this $10 plate deal (not complaining one bit, I love it). But now they can drag their feet getting the docks in since they already have our money. Those docks in Port Sanilac could have been put in 2 weeks ago. And as for the new ones, B.S., Lexington needs new docks before Port Sanilac does. Port Sanilac just needs to learn how to get them in straight.

Seems to me Sanilac is the last to put them in and the first to pull them out in the fall. Maybe I am missing some information but what is the difference that we now pay the $10 for the plate tabs vice previous years had to pay $24 for the season pass. I always got mine before January as I ice fish Saginaw Bay and parked at the DNR launches. I would assume they still would collect daily fees for those that decided not to purchase the $10 plate tab. We do not have the volume of traffic at our ports like the west side does but we still would like to launch too.

Update; I talked to Jim Baker today,

I told him what I ran into yesterday and he said that is B.S., he said that there was calls that had come in and the docks should be soon, but if they didn't to call him again and he would call over to lansing, also said that the dock are handle by the parks and recreation division and with there man power right now it takes time to get there.

Then I asked him about the brown trout plant, I will update this in the other Tread By.

I hope so. I talked to one of my buds that owns the bait shop and he said he was told by the harbor master that the state says there has to be modifications done to them to make them wheelchair accessible. I guess the harbor master is getting pretty ticked about them not being in yet. THey were already in for almost 2 weeks this time last year.