St. Joe Coho Combat 4/3. SH 4/1

:P Talk about an expensive 2# fish, hopefully they learned their lesson to not be greedy and unsportmanslike.

abby_shakedown_shiver_south_haven_4-1-11.jpg

Headed to St. Joe on Sunday, set lines around 9:30 out in front, right after the rain stopped. Thought great, we'll stay nice and dry now, yeah right!:rolleyes: Fishin was steady all morning picking up cohos while dodging the boats. :grin: No rhyme or reason to the trolling pattern in front of the harbor mouth, n/s/e/w/sideways/everywhich way but loose - made for a long day dodging. :confused: Must have been the crazy busy bite goin on along with the 30+ knot winds and sharp waves comin over the bow and gunwale. brrrrr :eek:

Ended 10 for 12 in an out of the mudline. Most fish on riggers, 24' down, 30-35 FOW on orange dodger with blue fly, black/green fly (Thanks Mark :D), and pink/black fly. Also took fish on flats with hot n tots (pink and orange) and thin fins - metallic pink and also burnt orange.

10_in_a_line.jpg

I wanted to go Sunday but the forecast and the fact that my Son and Grandson didnt want to chance the T. Storms put a kabosh on the trip. I will be over as soon as the lake lays down from this blow. GOOD JOB ON THE SUNDAY HO'S