Tawas AuGres Omer

Tawas: As of Sat. eve. the DNR launch near the State Police Post was still iced in but should clear out soon. The launch @ the mouth of Tawas River is being used.

AuGres: Sun morning the river is open but docks still not in. Smaller boats are trolling the mouth of the AuGres River. A few hundred yards away from the mouth guys are ice fishing.

A lot of activity on the Rifle River @ Omer. I didn't stop. Arenac County Sheriff was keeping busy. Don't drink and drive.

We were in oscoda over the weekend. Talked to a some guys that were picking up a few steelhead. I was told that the walleye were stacked up out in front of the river in 20-30 ft of water. There were a few boats out front, but no report on them. Might take the the 20 footer and try our luck this weekend. I'll let you know.

Rich

Fished Oscoda and Tawas the last few days. We had a nice fish on outside of the mouth in Oscoda, but it broke our line. The fish were staging just out side of the river. We graphed alot of bait fish, I think they were smelt. Tawas was really slow. Not 1 hit. The river in Tawas was really low, about 2 feet. We really didn't see alot of fish on the graph. Water temp at both ports were 36-38 deg's.

Rich

• 1 month later...

Fishing in Tawas is very slow ! A few Browns and very Few Eyes !

All the firemen went south to catch fish for the tournament SAT!

No boats used the new ramp in Tawas City what a joke !

To shallow !!Sand filled it in and junk at the sandbar makes for good prop sales !!

Be careful or use the East Tawas ramp ~! :thumb: