fish hawk x4 VS moor subtroll 900

I am purchasing one of these Items and would like some opinions on the 2.

Not sure which one to go with they both have there pro's and con's. I do alot of salmon fishing in Lake O, Lake Huron and Georgian Bay.

I have read many reviews on both of them.

I am purchasing one of these Items and would like some opinions on the 2.

Not sure which one to go with they both have there pro's and con's. I do alot of salmon fishing in Lake O, Lake Huron and Georgian Bay.

I have read many reviews on both of them.

I have a Moor Subtroll on my rig that I installed last year. Went and bought an X-4 a few months ago too. Plan on running both to do a comparison.

I had a sub troll last year and bought a x4 this year. Moore worked fine. Problems...hard to read at night,had to stay on the rigger,had to use coated cable and quite a bit of blowback. Benefits in my mind were the analog display and it was very reliable and accurate. What I like about the x4 although I haven't ran it yet. Nice large bright display,I can take it off of rigger for storage and put it on any rigger I want. No coated cable. Smaller probe that I hope has less blowback. Shows boat speed as well as lure speed. The only thing I don't like so far is having to mount a transducer for it and the price. Either way you go you are gonna have a good reliable quality unit

Thanks for the welcome

I get in trouble quite often my wife says I fish way too much but I just say to her "hey I leave at 3 am when your asleep and Im home by noon and your not ready to go out any ways so what the big deal" haha

I have a moore and you can take the prob off they sell a terminator all set up to do just that and it works fine down to 130. deepest i have had it so far. My dad had a fish hawk and we plated with transducers because of feed back from the fish hawk. Dad had to spend over 300 bucks for a good through hull before we got rid of the noise. That is why i went with the moore. I didn't want to spen 400 bucks on a unit that could cause problems and have to play games instead of fishing. They claimto have made the problem almost non existant. Almost just isn't good enough for me with all the crap i, not my dad of course, had to do as a kid to make that thing work.

if you scroll down almost to the bottom of the page there is a pic of the klincher to remove the prob.

http://www.esgdirect.com/trolling.html

The new x-4 is awsome. It will read in depth as far down as 200' . The other plus is that it doesn't eat batteries like some of the other units and the display is very crisp and clear. I fish on alot of boats over the course of the summer and I notice alot problems with the coated cable the other units use. Problems range from the coating getting striped off then getting caught in the wheels of the riggers. When fishing deep you have more blow back of the wire due to the larger diameter of the cable. I have noticed also that some riggers don't accept the coated cable on the spool very well. If you do choose a unit with coated cable make sure to run it on a rigger that is facing strait off the back of the boat it will go on the spool better than putting it on an outdown were it it stacking itself onto one side of the spool good luck with it and good fishing