chamberlain downrigger release

hey everybody

i new at this so please bare with me.

i just heard about a new downrigger release. chamberlain downrigger release, i would really like to get your input on this release. they sound almost to good to be true. if you have used them or have personal knowledge of them please get on here and let me have it.LOL....sherman....

hey guys

i really want to thank all you guys for all the info. i,ve just been useing the rubber bands. the biggest down side, rubber bands everywhere. then with one band it kept breaking. with two bands you have to check them every 1/2 hour. i never had as much trouble back when i fished for salmon(just on shakers) but i,ve been eyes only for the last 20 yrs. well i got sick about 8 or 9 yrs ago. most of my fishing friends have died or moved away. so i just quit fishing. then 2 yrs ago my oldest son wanted me to take my boat and go back to the central basin with him and his family. fell in love all over again. went last year, loved it. were planning on much more fishing this year. the chamberlain release is going to make the riggers a pleasure. i got my first 2 electric last year. i got 2 more this year. i would have hated to have pulled them every 1/2 hour.i use a 16 ft surf rod as a outrigger. i dont like wire so i use the small dipsy and i use 15 lb ripcord 400 ft back on the outrigger. i dont get alot of fish on these but i do get fish on them. then 6 lite bite slide divers. you just dont have time to be pulling 4 riggers every 1/2 hour. i just cant wait for july. thats when i start in the central basin. its really good talkin to a bunch of fishaholics like myself. thanks again

....sherman....

What size does everyone use

Light

Med

Heavy???

There is only one size to the Chamberlains. They are adjustable for both down pressure (rod) and release pressure (lure). I adjust mine depending on time of year and species I am targeting.

I got mine late last year and like them so much better then rubber bands. For those of you using them, I have had some problems with shakers when pulling lines, (small Cohos). Can I back off the horizontal tension some more and still get hook ups? Have it really lite now.

For those of you curious about the releases the owner has a really good You Tube video that can be found at:

http://www.downriggerrelease.com/index.html

Also, talked to the owner at the GR show, he almost has the stacker version completed, looks pretty slick.

Any thoughts on backing off the horizontal tension some more appreciated.

Thanks

Paul C.

Mattawan, MI

Hey

i just got my new set of the chamberlain releases today. They may not improve my fishing but they sure are fun to play with.lol. No kidding just by playing with them alittle, i think trere going to be the answer for the rubber bands. Have a great season.

....sherman....

Hey

i just got my new set of the chamberlain releases today. They may not improve my fishing but they sure are fun to play with.lol. No kidding just by playing with them alittle, i think trere going to be the answer for the rubber bands. Have a great season.

....sherman....

i went down to the pole barn. hooked everything up. adjusted the rod side to where i could crank the rod tips down to the water line. then adjusted the lure side to where i could just tug the lure and it would trip the release. if this thing works half as good in the water as it does in the barn. well look out mr. eyes.

....sherman....

I got mine late last year and like them so much better then rubber bands. For those of you using them, I have had some problems with shakers when pulling lines, (small Cohos). Can I back off the horizontal tension some more and still get hook ups? Have it really lite now.

For those of you curious about the releases the owner has a really good You Tube video that can be found at:

http://www.downriggerrelease.com/index.html

Also, talked to the owner at the GR show, he almost has the stacker version completed, looks pretty slick.

Any thoughts on backing off the horizontal tension some more appreciated.

Thanks

Paul C.

Mattawan, MI

i havent used them yet but thats what i got them for. i have a real problem fishing lake erie. we get alot of small fish. white perch, yellow perch, white bass, sheephead, and even small eyes. these releases just have to work. i,ll be useing worm harnesses and spoons, so i plan on starting with the litest setting. last year we was pulling lines every 1/2 hour. just to keep the small fish off. if i was you i,d try the lite setting and see what happens. you can still crank your rod way down, should be enough to get the hookset started. atleast you,ll find out real quick if its going to work. please let me know what happens. good luck and have a great season.

....sherman....