St. Joseph 4-1-11 afternoon

I took the kids and we had our season's first outing yesterday.

13 for 17, all coho. Flat calm, not too cold. Outstanding day.

Hit the water around 1-1:30 pm. Pulled lines around 4:30 pm. We trolled south initially, well beyond the water treatment plant. We picked up 1 there, but it was slow, trolling from 14-25 FOW. Water well south of the harbor was 36 degrees

We headed back near the river plume and pierheads. Temp increased to 38-39, bait bods, and non-stop action.

Almost anything we put out hit, but the hottest sticks were the deeper ones,near bottom in 20-25 feet near the harbor, one on a dipsey (setting 1, 35 feet out) and one on a musky torpedo diver.

Best lures: red dodger, red tinsel fly; Brad's thin fish (red, copper/pink); shad raps

Scott

The key Thursday was to stay in the muddy water of the river plume 2 to 3 degrees warmer than any where else and the fish were really active. The boats that went further South did run in and out of active schools but it was spotty. The weekend looks like it is going to be a wash out, I dont mind rain but 2 to 4 footers when u r fishing on the beach is not a good recipe for success. I may try to get out Sunday PM if the lake looks good in near the piers. Nice job with the kids, always a hoot to get the younger ones on coho.