Wire - What rod do you use for wire dipseys?

Pending on how much fishing you do the new Okuma wire rods will do just fine I prefer the 9 -10' Shimano Talora but I'm on the water 5 days a week. My advice is to stay away from the cheaper models it is going to cost you more money in the long run as far as wire getting pinched and grooves being cut into the rollers, so once you lose a diver,snubber,rotator and a fly it adds up to around 30 dollars a crack do that 5 times over the course of the summer and you just bought a good wire rod. good rod for copper alot of guys don't realize is the Shimano TDR retails for 29.99 anywhere you go myself and other well known charter captains have had great luck with them and no need to change the tip. I've got 15 TDRs onboard for coppers with zero failures and it didn't break the pocket book good luck and good fishing

Lots of good information guys. I appreciate all that took the time to respond to my inquiry. I think I'll just hold onto the wire divers and pick up some rods for them in a couple months for the deeper summer fishing, which ones I do not know but I like the idea of having a rod with the guides that won't be damaged by the wire instead of messing with a roller rod.

• 8 months later...

Got 8 years on my YAD roller rods, nary a groove in the rollers, never seen the wire jump the guides. Best part is they were $40 each new on clearance.

If I see any more I'll grab them as they're not made any more. Even played tug of war with the bottom and bent them down to the reel seat; other than the clear coat checking it didn't break.

• 9 months later...
love my Daiwa Interline rods. i get the feeling they are not a west side thing though.

Looking to add some wire to my lineup, and the costs of these wire rods has me :eek:.....so I have 5 innerflow rods already, maybe save myself some $$$$$ and utilize these.

if they are the black ones, i highly recommend it, eight years and going strong!

They are the white ones, i think cabelas innerflow rods. Seem to handle braid dipsys with not issue

I used the 10' white Cabela innerflows for many years as my braid diver rods. Also used the 8' versions for mono riggers. Didn't like that they yellowed over time and when the spiney water fleas got bad in mid to late July they would clog the end of the rods and were a real PITA. Other than that I really liked the rods.

Also Had a set of 4 Daiwa 7' innerflows too that I picked up used a few years later. The next year I moved away from the lake and didn't get to use them much so i resold them.

Not sure how the insides and tip would hold up to wire but if we didn't have the flea issue I would probably still be using them.

• 9 months later...