Landing Nets

TopDawG, Thanks for the info ,sure looks like a top of the line , I think I will go with model 72084, its the biggest net they make, only trouble is if you leave it in your boat someone will lift it. Propman

Cumings and Beckman also make a nice salmon net, heard Ranger does too, most are $40-65. That egos2slider looks real nice, and I'm afraid to ask the price of that, as I'm guessing about $100 a pop, plus s/h. The website says call for price, that usually means it's overpriced imho, but, to each his own.

Where can you order a long handle salmon landing net. Propman ( 9to 10ft. reach)

The Outdoorsman in Jenison has nice fiberglass handle nets. You buy the handle and hoop seperatley because you can get anywhere from 8 to 10' handles. I have two on my boat. Very durable. :thumb:

I have a Ranger Salmon net with the extendable pole. Its been great and its actually my second one. If someone wants one I can give you the GPS coodinates for my first one. You just need to figure out how to snag it out of the bottom of Lake Erie. Oooppps. It was actually a buddy of mine that dropped it off my boat.

I now have three ranger salmon nets after winning one at a steelheaders meeting. The two that i bought were at bass pro down in indiana for like 45 - 55 bucks each. Cabelas down there had a crap selection and were twice as much as bass pro. they have the octagonal handle so when you extend it it goes right to the button and locks. The two i have used for five years and they are still in great shape. the new one i am saving just in case. I also have a couple cummings walleye nets and they have the round extending handles, a pain when you need to extend it fast to use it.

Some excellent suggestions and information here. Now, here's another question I'd like you guys to weigh in on, if it's ok with propman? How many nets do you normally have on your boat when out on the lake? And, I'd still like a quote on the fancy net, just in case, thanks. P.S. Ranger prides it's company on American made nets, not foreign.

Beckman's are expensive but they were far superior to any other net on my boat. I started out with a few different BassPro nets and then a Frabil and they all had issues. I spent something like $80 on a Frabil that extended and the extension piece would not lock into place after one trip. Back the net went and then I bought a large Beckman net. The Beckman is very strong, extends to like 10ft or so and is a much, much better product than the other nets. I think it cost near $100 but really well worth the money.

And yes....don't leave it lying around cause it could disappear.

I have a Ranger Salmon net with the extendable pole. Its been great and its actually my second one. If someone wants one I can give you the GPS coodinates for my first one. You just need to figure out how to snag it out of the bottom of Lake Erie. Oooppps. It was actually a buddy of mine that dropped it off my boat.

Been there, done that. :no:

Some excellent suggestions and information here. Now, here's another question I'd like you guys to weigh in on, if it's ok with propman? How many nets do you normally have on your boat when out on the lake? And, I'd still like a quote on the fancy net, just in case, thanks. P.S. Ranger prides it's company on American made nets, not foreign.

I keep two Ranger fiberglass handle, wide hoop nets on my rig. I don't like the telescoping kind so I found the one piece handles. Love 'em! I was debating about filling the handles with spray foam so if they did go in the drink at least they would float, and I wouldn't be out $$$.

I keep two Ranger fiberglass handle, wide hoop nets on my rig. I don't like the telescoping kind so I found the one piece handles. Love 'em! I was debating about filling the handles with spray foam so if they did go in the drink at least they would float, and I wouldn't be out $$$.

Wouldn't need to fill them full of foam if you could seal them so the handle wouldn't fill with water.

Thanks guys, good idea for floating nets too. I keep 2 nets at the ready, and 1 net stowed below, just like Matt, and just in case of human error or equipment failure. I'm sure most of us have had that one and only net either get lost in a big wave, or big fish, or maybe the net just rotted out after many years. It's a big bummer when you're way out catching alot of fish and that one net either gets lost OB or fails, then how do you get them in the boat? Gaff? Tuna door? Or perch them in? You're not going all the way in to buy another net just yet either....LOL.

I had one get lost (ranger) by someone holding just the rubber handle and it slid out if it. I now Gorilla glue all the rubber handles on. I keep two standing at the ready. i've had too many times that one is tangled with a fish with another fish waiting to come in. I dont keep a third but have a couple extras at home. Ranger is all made on John R in Detroit.

So, when i have that problem Frank i just net two fish with one net. Just gotta be sure to drive the net home on number two to keep fish one in teh bottom of the net bag!:thumb:...I hate those days when i have to do that!!!:lol::D:lol::D:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

I keep 2 nets onboard plus a gaff as a backup. One day a few years back I took the spare net out as I hadn't used it in a long time and didn't really have room for it on my old boat. You guessed it, had a double come in and the first one tangled in the net. So they both go in every time now. I really need to get a second big net though, the backup now is only good for walleye or smaller fish.

I always have two nets on board, one really large size and one medium. Both have a length of foam pipe insulation taped around the shaft so they would float if it went overboard. Lost one that way and that was enough of that aggravtion.

Duane