Brads Thin Fish vs. Storm Thin Fin??

I am going to try these baits in superior this year, when the ICE decides to blow out:mad:, for early coho and see if they like them as much as they seem to in Lake Michigan.

Question is, which manufacturer do you prefer and what color patterns seem to be consistently the top producers?

We don't get the coho's in spring up my way like they do in the southern end of the pond. With that said though, I do better on thin fins than on brads. As stated above, thin fins don't have a rattle but they do have some more realistic color patterns available that I really like to run.

The Storm Thin Fin is the original but they went out of business and quit making a lot of their baits, ie Hot n Tot, Wiggle Wart and Thin Fin. Rapala bought the company and started making the baits again. However they do not make the most sought after colors for Salmon and trout. Brads started making the Thin Fin several years ago and still produces the colors u want. Red Coachdog(black squiggly lines) Gold Red back and some other really good producers. The original Thin Fins work well, but I havent bought any new ones by Rapala. I do use a lot of Brads in the afor mentioned colors, and they do work.

Good luck and good fishing.

i have atleast 25 of each and they both have there days.the red tiger is the standout in the brads for sure and it a tie between the red,orange and tigerfire in the thin fins for me.i also have a bunch of the old school thin fins that rock to:D

Brads thinfish in red/squiggle black and orange/gold. 2.0 to 2.8 mph 100 back from big boards or 50' back and 3-8' down on riggers in the spring. Once the coho slow up the Thinfish go back in the box until next spring. I've still got some of the originals but the Brads seem to work just as well.

Duane

The hot tiger is really good but hard to find sometimes it looks like a firetiger with orange squiggles and a hot pink head its made by Storm. I have not seen a difference between the two manufacturers with the fishing so good this year.

I ran them for the first time this weekend for some Spring Brown Trout action. We ran the red with the squiggly lines and the one that's green on the back and yellow on the bottom with white in between. Both took some BT's. Cant wait to get the red one out there when the Cohos show up. I bought the Brads. Never used the Storm version.

I have always used brads with great success. Recently picked up some McShads from Bass Pro to try them out. Nearly identical as the storms but much better price point, less then $3(?). If i ever get my boat in the water i will find out if they work....

• 2 weeks later...

I just bought five older Thin Fins that where unopened all 3/8 size 2 standard body and 3 with slightly wider bodies with rattles. Heres my question for you guys familiar with the older Thin Fins, did you notice that they don't have a split ring in the eyelet like the new ones? Would you guys recommend me adding split rings to these lures to help them run truer? Or are the split rings not needed due to my snap clip at end of my line?