St Joe Trip

amcon

Looking for some info about St Joe.I have never fished there before and need advice on where to launch from and if there is any thing to be aware of.Thinking of going Friday or Saturday any help would be great.

As of today the docks were not in at the DNR launch in Benton Harbor. I did hear that the docks are in at the city launch in St. Joe. This is almost directly across the river from the DNR launch. However, there used to be a big sandbar in between. I haven't been down there this year but hopefully someone else who has will chime in. The DNR launch in Benton Harbor is right next to Tackle Haven. If you map Tackle Haven you will see the launch.

As of today the docks were not in at the DNR launch in Benton Harbor. I did hear that the docks are in at the city launch in St. Joe. This is almost directly across the river from the DNR launch. However, there used to be a big sandbar in between. I haven't been down there this year but hopefully someone else who has will chime in. The DNR launch in Benton Harbor is right next to Tackle Haven. If you map Tackle Haven you will see the launch.

The docks are in at the city launch. You just need to go straight across the river, then kind of hug that east bank all the way to just before the first bridge. As you are passing the DNR launch it gets to around 4 feet deep, but that's about the worst of it. Just don't go over where you can see the birds standing up in the middle of the river.:confused:

If you do launch from the DNR launch, stay toward the river side of it as much as possible, along the edge it is 2 feet or less quite a ways out.