So.... since my boat is in the shop... I fished with my friend on his 14 foot tin can out of PS this morning. Being that I am not much of a morning person we agreed to meet at 8 am and head to the launch (10 minutes down the road).

After breaking skim ice around the launch and letting the old Merc warm up we got underway.

We set up in front of PS pier and made our way into the skinny water. 4 boards were set, and the motor was trolled down to 1.9. We worked our way along the sandbars with not much going until we made it to the stacks.

Amazingly enough we had a rip on a silver and Orage J 9, but no one was home. It is AMAZING how fish can attack the bait, roll, Jerk the board back, and still miss 2 treble hooks.

Another hour of trolling nothing was going so I started changing out the natural colors to brights.

10 minutes later, a Hen steelie smacked the J9 firetiger on the inside board (35 feet off the board) A nice fight that lead a fish in the net.

We trolled for another 1.5 hours in and out of the sandbars...

No dice!!

Nice morning to be out.

SH...

PS = Port Sheldon

The sandbars are just that. The beach slopes down at an angle and the waves dig troughs between the 1st and 2nd sandbar. I spend alot of my spring fishing the first sandbar as you can reach it with spawn surf fishing.

Today was no differnt. We sent the boards as far up to shore as 20-30 yards off the water line and worked in and out of the sandbars.

Zig sag pattern, we never fished water deeper then 10 FOW.

We fished N of the piers all morning.