Do you tie crank baits on or use a small swivel for early season coho?

Hi guys,

Last year I tied all my cranks and body baits directly to my line, I learned at a young age to always tie, but that was for bass fishing. I just didn't know if I should be doing this for the early coho or not worry about. Do you tie or just use smaller swivels then you would for the summer season?

Hi guys,

Last year I tied all my cranks and body baits directly to my line, I learned at a young age to always tie, but that was for bass fishing. I just didn't know if I should be doing this for the early coho or not worry about. Do you tie or just use smaller swivels then you would for the summer season?

Ilike a cross lock snap for crank baits it is quick for changing and they run better than with a snap swivel. If the bait has a split ring on it I tie direct but it does slow down changing baits. I guess it comes down to what u r comfortable with I really like to do whatever makes the job easier and gets it done. :)

Small snaps no swivel the ones with the round ends coastlocks or whatever their called on bombers, jerks, tots, yozuri's, but on floating rapalas i usally tie a loop knot or rapala knot....and in the early sping, walleye....same type lures, and for steelhead plugs in the river i always tone down the size of my swivels or use just the snap.....if twist isnt gonna be an issue.

I use the dreamweaver coast lock swivels for everything including walleye fishing. Heavy duty and haven't had one fail yet. I did have one stick a little after draggin for lake trout but after rinsing out the sand it worked fine again for the rest of the season.