Hull paint removal

Going to remove the paint off the hull, any tips? I tried a small spot with a brush and some comet scrub, didn't work so well. I went over that with 1500 grit wet sand paper, worked but couldn't get the paint out of the small scratches. I borrowed a power washer which I don't think will get it all off, any tips? Would like it to be bare fiberglass.

Three real options:

1. Sand it down to the gel coat. Just did this last fall and still working on the project. Least expensive, really just your time. The most labor intensive and it is not fun at all.

http://www.greatlakesfisherman.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20095

2. any serious paint stripper such as Interlux Interstrip. I have been using this on area i could not sand. Works really well. Time consuming because you have to wait for it to activate and also messy.

3. Have it soda (or any other media besides sand) blasted. this is probably the best option and most expensive option. If i would, or ever, do it again this is the only way i choose. I did not do this because of cost issues, but it is definitely worth every penny.

feel free to contact me with any questions as i am towards the end of the same project

3. Have it soda (or any other media besides sand) blasted. this is probably the best option and most expensive option. If i would, or ever, do it again this is the only way i choose. I did not do this because of cost issues, but it is definitely worth every penny.

This is what I would do.

Going to remove the paint off the hull, any tips? I tried a small spot with a brush and some comet scrub, didn't work so well. I went over that with 1500 grit wet sand paper, worked but couldn't get the paint out of the small scratches. I borrowed a power washer which I don't think will get it all off, any tips? Would like it to be bare fiberglass.

Just keep in mind that bottom paint is toxic in particulate form (i.e. sanding). Safety first, be sure to wear propper PPE like gloves long sleeve shirt, goggles, and especially a respirator.:thumb:

commitment....that and others telling me i was crazy is all that kept me going!

my biggest problem was finding mobile media blasters in my area. There are plenty in michigan and i found one at the Grand Rapids show that i wish i had seen 8 months ago. I do not remember the name of the company though. maybe someone else can help out.