Convector Question

I was at the Ultimate Sport show this weekend in GR, looking for something to use as a wire diver reel. I was looking at the convectors. One of the vendors was asking for a little over $80.00. When I mentioned something about being able to order them from wally world for $65.00 he proceeded to try to tell me that Okuma was making a different version for walmart at a smaller price. Has anyone else heard anything about this? Are they the same? Has anybody purchased the ones from walmart and used them for wire?

Thanks

Joel

He is full of $h1*. I ordered two a couple months ago and they are the new version of the convector with the wide mouth guide just like my other 10. No Difference what so ever. Oh i also checked to see if they had the updated clicker springs and yse they do. They are current production reels. THere were a few booths that had them for 65 - 68 bucks there. I know outdoorsman was asking 65.99 for the 30 series.

Yep just another retailer trying to get your business by telling u the lie. Had a sport shop tell me that the slugs I buy at Gander mtn are not the same as the ones he is selling for 3 dollars more per box.

The Convector is a great reel I use the CV 45 CV 55 for my Lead cores and "Copper" rigs exclusively. They arent as fast on the retrieve but they are tough and hold up well with less experienced fishermen. The drags are good too.

I am not going to say he is or isn't correct, and sounds like his pricing may have been out of line anyway, but I would check the wally world part number to verify they are the same. I have been down this road with other products at home depot and lowes from national suppliers where as being a dealer for that product I could buy the same product HD of Lowes was selling it was made from them, out of a cheaper material and only theirs to sell. It does happen and until you really look it to it you would never know.

I am not going to say he is or isn't correct, and sounds like his pricing may have been out of line anyway, but I would check the wally world part number to verify they are the same. I have been down this road with other products at home depot and lowes from national suppliers where as being a dealer for that product I could buy the same product HD of Lowes was selling it was made from them, out of a cheaper material and only theirs to sell. It does happen and until you really look it to it you would never know.

They are the same i already checked it out and now own two from walmart.

Walmart may have a deal with okuma, but its doubtful. Many of walmart's elecetronics are built bottom of the line to compete with prices(computers etc). But as far as outdoor gear like a reel. I highly doubt it.