Lexington/Port Sanilac harbors

Took a drive tonight to see how the harbors look. Lexington has a little ice left by the boat docks and should be gone soon. Port Sanilac is clear of ice at the boat launch and all the way out of the breakwall. A little bit of ice left up by the boat slips. A couple of guys were out there ice fishing on it. If someone had a small enough boat and the wind was out of the right direction, you could get out of that harbor. Just watch the 'bergs!! Shouldn't be long at all before the docks are in and we're all out there long lining!!:thumb:

I have been watching the Sanilac web cam when it is working and it sure looked promising. Would be nice if they at least put one dock in early. Last year they put them in on march 31. I am ready to chase some silver. Reports have a few fish being caught off the break wall. Seems like we could have another great year.

I hope so! Last year was pretty great! Well, we finally got another boat last spring and back out on the water after 3 years so fish or not, it would have been great. I told my husband when we went down there last night, let's figure out a way to push one dock in with the truck! haha They definetly could put one in right now. I hate to see what the lake would look like right now though, with a stiff north north/east wind. I won't take long though!