Tdr or wilderness rods

I have bought heartlands beofore and know they are a decent rod but the price on them is now more than the shimano TDRs. So in looking at a couple new rods for the boat i am considering the wilderness rods or the tdrs. I would like to hear opinions on these two rods please.

I got all shimano rods and love them. $12 for a diawa rod sure is cheap, I've bought flashers that cost more than that. Looks like the tdr's are about $22

I have all Shimano's on my boat too. I've had Heartland rods early on with my first boat, and had good luck with them. The only drawback I found with Heartlands is they seem to loose there rigidity over time.

I got all shimano rods and love them. $12 for a diawa rod sure is cheap, I've bought flashers that cost more than that. Looks like the tdr's are about $22

Do you have shore power on your boat? If so, where did you mount the plug, and breaker panel? I moor on the port side so I'm thinking about putting the plug below the port side window, and mounting the breaker panel in the head below the helm compartment.

I have bought heartlands beofore and know they are a decent rod but the price on them is now more than the shimano TDRs. So in looking at a couple new rods for the boat i am considering the wilderness rods or the tdrs. I would like to hear opinions on these two rods please.

Both are good. I run both.

Do you have shore power on your boat? If so, where did you mount the plug, and breaker panel? I moor on the port side so I'm thinking about putting the plug below the port side window, and mounting the breaker panel in the head below the helm compartment.

No I trailer mine. My buddy has a baha with shore power on the starboard side. I guess that would make sense about where you want to put the breaker panel. He docks on the port also but the cord reaches.

One problem ive had with TDR's is they have a double ring set up on the line guides (least the ones I own do). The inner rings seem to pop out ALOT. To solve that I been putting super glue around each ring and knock on wood so far so good.

In any event if those do pop out and you happen to lose one or even break a rod Shimano has a very good warranty and return policy. That is what sold me on getting Shimano rods as I happen to have the luck of alot of my things breaking.

No I trailer mine. My buddy has a baha with shore power on the starboard side. I guess that would make sense about where you want to put the breaker panel. He docks on the port also but the cord reaches.

You trailer your Baha? I tried that a few times, but it's too hard on my truck. It would be a heck of a lot cheaper than slipping it like I do though.