Whats your favorite brand of downrigger

I had Big Jons on the last boat and they where decent. But on the new boat I got Cannon Mag 10's and think they are alot better. I like auto stop on the cannons better, telescoping booms, and no swivel pulleys. The motors have more power also.

Cannons for sure. I have two digi-troll IV's on my rig, and I just added a new Mag 10 for this year. They're pretty tough, and I like the telescoping booms. The ability to program the digi-trolls is a sweet feature. The auto stop on the Mag 10 is pretty nice too.:thumb:

Big Jons. I had Mag 10's on the new boat(They came with them) after the season, sold them and put on my old Big Jon. Had way to much trouble the switches and I did not like the swivle bases. My Big Jons are bullet proof, also got help from them dirctely when I had questions about thier auto stop.

Im a big jon fan. I like to be able to see what my cannon ball is doing on on bottom when im fishing for trout. Cant be a michigan co either. The new brute ES are plain out sweet, fast, strong and have a tip up base which is always a plus.

:thumb:Iguess i am the outcast. scottys telo booms no cable on side rigger power pro 15 pound sharks no blow back no power going down and they flatt out fly up .coated cable on chute rigger wih 20 lb sharks..:thumb::D

Vectors! I love them! love their low profile, rod holders, motors, overall design and they are bullet proof. The only problem i have ever had was the clutch knob falling out of my hand into the drink.

Cant wait to see what Traxstech makes of them. They are supposed to have a digital counter and features similar to the Cannon Digitrolls, but honestly i hope they keep a simplistic electric model as well.

I had Cannons previously but hated how massive they were, especially on a smaller boat. They did perform flawlessly for me but i did not like the plastic parts. This stuff can be subject to a lot of abuse no matter how careful you are, plastic is not for me on a charter boat.

• 2 weeks later...

walkers are top for me love how steady they are over ten years no issues with them.

Have used cannon however they were old so cant realy compair

Have two big johns hate the flex in them also have had issues with the counters but they were on the boat when i got it and they will work

I wish the walker would improve the rod holders this year i`m going to try to put a pair of big john rod holders on my walkers

• 3 weeks later...