Way Behind

I have been extremely busy with property tax issues. I have a 2008 appeal before the MI Tax Tribunal. I have been doing a lot of research and found several errors on my tax cards. When I'm dealing with this stuff it just consumes me. I recently was given a date for a phone hearing that I respectfully declined and the judge adjourned that hearing. I have a lot of data and I will be able to present it better in person. Actually I think I may finally be able to settle this locally if I can get the court to nudge the township in that direction. I only want the wrongs corrected and go on from there. I need to start thinking fishing and getting my stuff ready. This appeal can mean some fishing $$$ so I have to pursue it.:) I have done my homework so I think I have a better than average shot at winning my appeal. If I don't seem like my head is on straight it probably isn't.:) I need to get this behind me and purge my mind of this crap so I can concentrate on My #1 Priority. :)

I have a small start on my gear. I have to work an the boat and trailer a couple of full days. I also have to work on my gear a day or two. I don't go unless I'm prepared. The time spent on shore preparing pays big dividends when you hit the water. I have fished with some that are doing everything including changing line on the water. They waste half their time doing things that should be done on shore. Thanks for the good wishes.:)

Frank i had to mess with those tax guys a few years back know i know how you feel. Hope you can get what is right. They only have one thing on their mind $$$. If all else fails take them smoked fish and go enjoy yourself.

I have been retired for 11 years and living here the same amount of time. Every dollar I get has to do the work of two dollars. My small pension doesn't ever go up. We have been getting screwed by our township on taxes for 11 years. Enough is enough. I just hope I can win my case and move on. Before I was even through construction I wanted to sell my place. I did try to sell it 3 years after moving in with no luck in this wonderful economic climate we are in. This township has given me the hard way to go ever since buying the lot in 96. I live in the smallest county in the Michigan. Our township is also small. The trouble with small is you get people running things that don't have near the qualifications to do the job. So part time unqualified individuals are what I have to deal with. It did just get a little better we got a new assessor who seems knowledgeable and reasonable. Our former assessor was fired. Last year we got our notices for the Board of Review one business day before the board met. How do you begin to prepare for a appeal with that kind of notice.:) Sometimes life sucks and then you die.:lol: That's enough of this rant. Sorry.

Frank i'm sure by now you have tried everything. I finally had to pay for a private assessor and and take their finding to the state tribunal. Hope this helps and sometimes ranting is good.

Cary, I take it you won your case.:thumb: I have a strong case but I have in the past also. I have never been before the Tribunal before. In 96 I filed to go before them and before we received a hearing date the assessor contacted me and we settled it. It seems like it's standard procedure for the B. O. R. to deny all claims legitimate or not. It's tough not to feel contempt towards them. One year before I could say anything a B.O.R. member said "we are not talking taxable". At my insistence we did talk taxable, but I may as well have sat in the truck. Any way the B.O.R. is the only gateway to the Tribunal. I hope they are more reasonable.:)