Downriggers and weights

I just recently bought 2 new bigjon pro tournament electrics for side riggers, and I have 2 bigjon big water manuals that I was going to use off the back. My question is can I run 12lb weights on the sides (electrics) at a deeper depth, and run my manuals with a lighter weight and shallower depth, do to hand cranking. Would I have promblems with cannonballs tangling up. THANKS FOR YOUR HELP.........

I ran chute riggers higher than the others once..... Took a fairly sharp turn by accident, and well.... I'll only do it that one time.

Sorry, don't mean to laugh, but that's funny. :grin: I'm putting one down the chute this year so I'll learn from everyone's mistakes on what to do, and what not to do. :thumb:

U gotta remember the further from the keel the shallower u should run the rigger, a V configuration will keep u fm tangling your riggers. I run 15# wts on my short arm corner riggers, and 12# on my long arm side riggers in a 4 rigger configuration. Most of the time i only run the short arm corner riggers and run my copper, lead core and dipsy presentations to round out the spread. In the early spring I run all 4 riggers with 10# balls due to the shallow bite lets me get more baits in the spread, 4 riggers and 6 planer boards and 2 shallow dipsys.

I agree with the other guys. You could run your electrics off the back and run 15# balls off them. Run the manuals off the side. If you want longer arms off the side you shoudl be able to add/subtract to your booms.

Can I have my side riggers cannon balls and my chute riggers cannon balls be all the same weight, or should the chute riggers (the deepest ones) be heavier.

You can run slightly heavier Chute weights and still be fine. I run 2 15.5lb. Torpedeos off the chute riggers and 13lb. Torpedos off the booms. With the chute riggers down 150+/- and the booms around 100+/-, the cable angle of all 4 riggers is almost identicle, and thats what I like. :thumb:

With all that said... When targeting Kings, I rarely have 4 riggers in the water anymore, and its usually just 2. With downriggers being like number 3 or 4 in production, I would rather use a different delivery device( 2 more divers or 2 more Cores) that produce more fish than the riggers. Now when I am on Lake Superior targeting mid-summer Lakers...different story. I will have 150-300 feet of cable off all 4 riggers at once.