E-Chips, are they worth it???

Need some opinions on the e-chips, do you guys who use them notice any catch difference vs. regular tackle??? I have yet to purchase any, but I have a buddy who did really well on them last year, but not really enough to convince me yet.:D so, are they worth it?

I use the Pro Troll flasher with great results. Is it from the E chip? I think it's more the design of the flasher myself. The extra fin adds rotation?

White-Green-Holo.jpg

I agree with both guys here (that's an awesome flasher by the way) I've testest the echip theory on flasher and believe it does absolutley nothing and heres why. Take an echip out of your flasher and shake it back and forth, theirs a bb in it that hits the sides supposedly emitting an electrical impulse. Now remember when you were a kid and filled a bucket with water and swung it in a circle over your head and it never spilled. Same exact theory here, momentum of the spinning flasher causes the bb to stay on one side and never move so how could it actually work. I do use protrolls and they are a top producing flasher, because of the echip, I don't think so.

I agree with the other posters I have e-chip and non e-chip flashers I believe that they both work its the color and speed that make the biggest difference. I perfer the pro troll flashers over the other 11" flashers out there, but have been given some of the DW flashers and they have taken fish.

Need some opinions on the e-chips, do you guys who use them notice any catch difference vs. regular tackle??? I have yet to purchase any, but I have a buddy who did really well on them last year, but not really enough to convince me yet.:D so, are they worth it?

Personally I believe the whole e-chip thing is another gimmick used to set one manufacturer's product apart from the rest. I've used both with good success. I agree with the others color, and action determine the best results. :grin:

Pro-troll and Hotspots are my mainstays. Fins on the wires and hotspots on the riggers. Are they worth it, when on sale they are. Does that chip thing work, probibly not but I like the fin on wire. They catch fish.

I use the Pro Troll flasher with great results. Is it from the E chip? I think it's more the design of the flasher myself. The extra fin adds rotation?

White-Green-Holo.jpg

I like the pro troll because of the fin design, I don't know about the e chip. I also use Opti-Tackle Inticers which have a Double fin design with no e chip and they also work great.