In - LINE BOARDS

Hey guys/girls i need help. I`m looking at getting a in-line planer board never used or seen one used. I was wondering what to get with so much on the market i dont want to get into junk.

Also how does one know when you have a hit ?

Any tips on running one. Have used the dispy and walker deeper dive but have yet to have a fish on either [thinking my lead was to short] this year im going to try longer leads.

I will be attending the show in toronto and would like a heads up on the board im looking for.

Thanks

Strik

Personally I like Walleye boards. The way I've always set them up is to set the drag so that when there is a hit the fish will start pulling drag out. I haven't lost a fish yet doing it like this and I haven't had any shakers either.

I have used both Off Shore and Church boards, and currently use just the Church boards, only issue I have had one issue. the plastic pins wear thru and you lose the board when you have a fish on. we replace the plastic pin with a stainless steel home made pin, no boards lost since.

Walleye boards and you will be able to tell when there is a fish on them. Watch how they run, the nose will ride slightly higher in the water, when you get a fish it will pull the board back. Once you watch them you will be able to tell if you have something, whether it be a fish or weeds. Good luck, I use both, big boards on the Trophy and inlines on my smaller boat. Both have their place.

Tom

Very interesting to see such a split. I use Walleye boards and are a big fan. Used offshores and hated them for reasons that other say they love em.

Every board has its pros and cons and requires some tweaking. I couldnt get the Offshores to track with copper was my prob. Thats why i like the adjustment weight on Church boards.

I set up my boards so they dont release for salmon but like a release for walleye so they go to the back. Salmon take it back.:)

Make sure to put ur name and number on them. I have had three returned at least and have been able to return at least one to another.

Hey guys thanks so much i fish only salmon on Lake Huron and G Bay. Can`t waite to try some of this stuff out.

I see many people uses flys on this board. Around here many people use spoons and cut bait. I`m deffentaly going to run a dispy, flasher, fly love to see how it works.

One other question can you run 10 colour lead off a inline board???????????

Thanks for a great site and helping me out

Strik

Hey guys thanks so much i fish only salmon on Lake Huron and G Bay. Can`t waite to try some of this stuff out.

I see many people uses flys on this board. Around here many people use spoons and cut bait. I`m deffentaly going to run a dispy, flasher, fly love to see how it works.

One other question can you run 10 colour lead off a inline board???????????

Thanks for a great site and helping me out

Strik

sure can:thumb:

yupp you can run any amount of lead off them. The killin time as just sighned with Church tackle so i cant wait to try out the new TX 44 on the LONG coppers for this year. i am hoping to even try some divers on the boards when its a diver bite.

Offshore SSTs here. Now all the offshore boards are the SST's. Churches make good divers in rough water while pulling fast for steelies. Offshores SSTs dont dive like the churches do in that situation. I also think they pull 300' copper out to the side better also.