My wife says im a hoarder

So i was going through tackle boxes and found i had enough to fill another box seperating my lake trout stuff out of one box that i was sharing and into another box. This is after i removed a couple full grocery bags of baits out of all my other boxes. I also added two new rods. I had said to her when i put the boat up last fall i was cutting back. Well cutting back added another full box and two rods. She was watching me through this and said she needed to call that hoarders show on my as i buy tackle every time i go somewhere. I am sure i am not alone in this but she just doesnt understand. Hmmm kind of sound like what they say on that show :eek:..........

So my vow no more tackle till next season. after the grand rapids show that is

Its amazing the stuff you start to collect over the years. I realized that theres a reason some stuff is in the garage and not in the boat, and its simply because i dont use it. The past couple of weeks i put a for sale sign on the stuff and had a "garage sale". Now i just have to figure out what to "reinvest" it in!

I don't buy much in the way of lures anymore but I still spend on rods and reels. I am also adding a FishHawk this year. And I am thinking about a radar arch and radar. And maybe a big multi-display unit. And a new cover. Man do I need some more money:) The wife is going to have to work harder!

First off, is it hoarding if it is something that is needed to be successful? From trip to trip we don't know what the hot set up is going to be so we have the ability to change various pieces to make the set up more attractive.

Secondly, I would guess that she has something that she "collects" like purses, shoes, clothes, jewelry, etc. So I ask you sir, is this not also hoarding? Maybe it is she who has the problem. Maybe your lure collection is just your way of coping with her affliction. :)

Turn the heat back on her to take the spotlight off you. Then go buy some more lures. Just remember...Moderation in everything...including moderation

My wife goes fishing with me so she knows that the many type of fishing we do all need different stuff. She also understands the different changeups required so she usually does not mind when i say I need something for .....

i shop for sales. or i just lie about it. I tell her i got it from a friend that gave me a good deal. trouble is your friend has to remember the story. all in all she knows i can't quit and she's good with that.

For sure, it's a strong addiction, one that we all have for sure. But, I'd rather this than something else like gambling or such. I just keep pretending I need more cause it's been in my blood for too long, and afterall, I do need different new setups for any occasion, right? Just start having garage sales once in a while, or I just give away to others in need every year that are more novice and need the tackle. Thanks.