What's the most valuable piece of equipment on your boat?

El Capitan of course :grin: I would say my GPS with the stored points, fish locator and Sub Troll. My wire dipsies would be would be tops for delivery type followed by my coppers.

I would have to say my wife.Now hang on give me a chance to explain!!!!lol When I need her to drive (she hates driving while trolling) she kept telling me it took me to long to set up manual riggers, so I told her if we had electric riggers and it would take me 1/4 of the time . Guess what I got for X-Mas .........2 electric big jon captian packs! When my 1995 lowerance gps/fishfinder acts up she gets frusterated , guess what I got for my bithday last year?...... A lowerance hds5!!!!!Shure glad she didnt didnt know I loosened mounting bolt so it flopped around the transducer!!!lol Ya Im spoiled but let me tell you so is she!!!!! So my wifes my most valubale possesion on board my boat, as long as improvements are (her idea) I stay out of the dog house!!!!!

Its really a toss up between the fishfinder and the Subtroll and with that being said they are probably the 2 most important pieces of equipment. While there are days that I could live without one of them, and somedays 1 is more valuable then the other, but I cant imagine a day without both.

As far as the electronic side goes I would have to say the fish finder. Not only does it allow me to track the drigger balls I can see if the fish are moving to my baits or are passive. It also gives the confidence that when seeing bait or fish that I am in a possible productive area and not wasting time fishing waters that are barren of fish.

My chartplotter, while a great addition to compliment my fish finder and a very valuable tool is not nearly as vital in the whole scheme.

You can take my locator but not my depth raider. I could bounce a cannon ball off bottom to find depth but their is no way to dial in your exact speed at the ball without a speed and temp probe. In my opinon nothing catches more fish than having your speed right.