Winter has been looong, when do you plan to start.

Boat comes out of storage on the 31st of March. Spent today re-spooling reels and setting up some more spring program rods. Lite line and Yellow birds in the shallows. Gonna have the MC2 in St Joe this year, hope to be fishing by the 5th of april. Some Brown and Coho action is what I need to get me back into life again. For those that hadn't heard my Wife passed away on Feb 4 and I really need to get back on the lake. Then maybe it won't hurt so much.

a lot of guys joke about the wife being a pain in the butt and stuff like that including myself but i dont know what i would do in a situation like that..if anyone deserves a great season its you:thumb:

OK' date=' maybe we are just smoking the crack again, but Scottie and I got out on the water on March 11th last year and we are planning to again this year to keep in the tradition of being crazy.[/quote']

seems like I was out not much behind that date, I recall two solo trips out before I headed to Ohio.

I hope to do the same this year. lets start the melt chant.....

First SuperTramp....very, very sorry for your loss. If there is anything I can personally do to brighten your day a bit, please do not hesitate to ask.

Now it would seem easy for a guy like me with a 17ft aluminum but here is my delimma.....

I keep the boat in storage (inside during the winter) and unload EVERyTHING from the boat before it's put away. I have a few modifications I need to make, seemingly easy, but for me always takes a day or two to get done. Then it's get all the gear back on the boat, charge the batteries and check that everything is up to snuff. My issue is I have to have the storage facility take it from the inside to the outside and once I do that if we get another storm I'll be worrying about the boat, cover, etc.

Therefore, I'd love to be out early this month but it will probably be later, towards the end of the month.

Supertramp sorry about your loss

First SuperTramp....very, very sorry for your loss. If there is anything I can personally do to brighten your day a bit, please do not hesitate to ask.

Now it would seem easy for a guy like me with a 17ft aluminum but here is my delimma.....

I keep the boat in storage (inside during the winter) and unload EVERyTHING from the boat before it's put away. I have a few modifications I need to make, seemingly easy, but for me always takes a day or two to get done. Then it's get all the gear back on the boat, charge the batteries and check that everything is up to snuff. My issue is I have to have the storage facility take it from the inside to the outside and once I do that if we get another storm I'll be worrying about the boat, cover, etc.

Therefore, I'd love to be out early this month but it will probably be later, towards the end of the month.

Phil missed you at the seminar until Dan mentioned your name . would have stopped to say hello but my neck was not liking the drive that day so I was not good company.

Let me know if you get up to Milwaukee , maybe see you on the water.

The Pier Marquette opened up today,I have the 14ft row boat ready to go.Mounting motor tonight and getting a few poles ready over some beers and will be on water around noon tomorrow.Big boat wont be in lake Mich. till ice thaws around boat launch could be as early as this weekend if weather permitts.