Winter has been looong, when do you plan to start.

I know I am not the only one to feel this way about the long winter. I am just itching to dig the "Snag Hag" out and begin setting her up. The problem obviously being we still have snow. My hope was to dig it out around March 10-15 and take a week to set up, and then off to the Joe, but the weather might prove otherwise.

When do you guys plan your first trip out and where will it be?

has the ice broke on st clare? i try to get over to that side early as possible. I usually launch out of Trenton. The earliest have tried has been the last week of March. What is the rules now for fishing Can side? What is the easiest way to get a temp license?

Not yet but I always launch as far down river as I can and only fish up river. That way if an ice flow comes down I can beat it back to the ramp.

My first year out I got caught by an ice flow and had to dock at a marina downriver and get a ride to my truck and trailer. It doubles my drive and motoring time but I don't ever want to get caught again on the wrong side of a flow.

Boat comes out in two weeks. From there, I'll put in a new head gasket and fuel pump and she'll be ready to go. Usually take her to an inland lake first few times for bluegill, then we may try St. Joe this year. Spring is very close, so good luck to all!

As soon as the shelf ice clears from the GT Bays and Betsie Bay, gotta get some new rod holders mounted, wheel bearings with fresh grease and am swapping the old tralier lights to new LED units. Boat is in the garage, I just cant get myself motivated to go out in the cold garage and start working on it. That first warm day though...

Maybe I'm some sort of sicko, but the boat is already cleaned, gassed, batteries charged and all of my brown trout gear is rigged and ready with the poles already in the boat. I keep thinking that if I stare at the ice hard enought at the Manistee launch I can melt it, but all I got so far is a headache and a lot of strange looks.

Maybe I'm some sort of sicko, but the boat is already cleaned, gassed, batteries charged and all of my brown trout gear is rigged and ready with the poles already in the boat. I keep thinking that if I stare at the ice hard enought at the Manistee launch I can melt it, but all I got so far is a headache and a lot of strange looks.

:lol::lol::lol:

Boat comes out of storage on the 31st of March. Spent today re-spooling reels and setting up some more spring program rods. Lite line and Yellow birds in the shallows. Gonna have the MC2 in St Joe this year, hope to be fishing by the 5th of april. Some Brown and Coho action is what I need to get me back into life again. For those that hadn't heard my Wife passed away on Feb 4 and I really need to get back on the lake. Then maybe it won't hurt so much.

Wow, I've got a long ways to go. Been working on the plywood floor, about got everything cut out except enclosing the transom area and a little cuddy repair. Still have to seal everything then finish coat. Absolutely nothing rigged yet. Be lucky to get done by mid-April.

Oh man is that not the truth!!! I stare at the snow just waiting to uncover the boat.

Boat comes out of storage on the 31st of March. Spent today re-spooling reels and setting up some more spring program rods. Lite line and Yellow birds in the shallows. Gonna have the MC2 in St Joe this year, hope to be fishing by the 5th of april. Some Brown and Coho action is what I need to get me back into life again. For those that hadn't heard my Wife passed away on Feb 4 and I really need to get back on the lake. Then maybe it won't hurt so much.

Sorry to hear that Mike. Hopefully you are able to get out and get some on-water therapy soon. I know that when I'm feeling bad nothing calms me better than a 10 rod spread set just as the sun breaks over the horizon.

I'm a little behind. I worked on sharpening hooks last night. That helped me de-stress after a rough few days. I will get the boat out in 2 weeks as I have some work that needs to be done. First trip probably won't be until April sometime. I finish school the last week of April so my schedule will open a little.

Mike,

I live in Kalamazoo, let me know if you ever need a rider and I will do the same if your interested. Send me a pm if you would like my number.

So sorry for ur loss. Hopefully some fishing soon will help heal the soul. Looking forward to ur great reports putting me to shame as usual.:)