Customer Service or Maybe Not

Priority1

I was having slow internet problems. I called 1800 Charter Sucks and a automated voice tells me they are working on a problem in my area. There is no local number to call. I did this 3 days running. Finally I decide to press on and speak to a rep. They upgraded the Signal so it's about twice what it was and now my 4 yo modem is obsolete, not a problem like they described at all. No problem right??? They tell me my local office in Oscoda can sell me a used modem for $30. I get on my horse drop Jeanice in Tawas and proceed to Oscoda Charter local office. When I get there the lady knows nothing about a used modem for $30. As I said there is no local # to call ahead and verify. She did some things on her end and is renting me a modem for 2 months $10 total and credited my account with $10. I may end up with this modem for $30 (after she does some checking) or they will let me know in time to buy another modem. I can buy a refurbished modem on line for $30. I owned my previous modem for 4 years. The one I had previously about the same. What a goat rope. I couldn't have made an on-line trade if I wanted to. Bottom Lines: I feel the local people are the ones that can solve the problems but I'm not able to contact them by phone. Some of the Geeks working out of 1800 Charter Sucks are also very good. The problem is their automated know it all messages that you play Simon Says with.

Frank, i work for Comcast. Sorry we are not in your nek of the woods.It is less common to have a bad modem ,than poor forward signal or an upstream signal issue.some times interfering signals get in the upstream[from poor cableing in other homes or damage somewhere in the local area]if you look at Best buys web page or look around you should be able to find a modem if indeed that is whats wrong[usually something else though] good luck,and contact me if ican help.

Frank, did you ever get to speak with "Peggy"? :lol: Sorry, couldn't resist.

Tony that was the best laugh I had today, sorry about the problems you haveing Frank and take my advice Verizon is no better, I get the same run around over there wireless internet.

Yeah Charter Sucks !!!!!

Frank, Doesn't that computer customer service rep voice with 20 questions drive you nuts when you try to call them.

If you have run into that, here's a tip. Just start shouting "you mother f'rs and a bunch of other swear words and I'm going to cancel my service and it will connect you to a live person. Learned that trick last year.;)

Frank, i work for Comcast. Sorry we are not in your nek of the woods.It is less common to have a bad modem ,than poor forward signal or an upstream signal issue.some times interfering signals get in the upstream[from poor cableing in other homes or damage somewhere in the local area]if you look at Best buys web page or look around you should be able to find a modem if indeed that is whats wrong[usually something else though] good luck,and contact me if ican help.

Joel our choices up here for high speed are Charter. I think that will change soon. Once I talked to a person they realized my D Link modem was not compatible anymore. It would give me some access and then I'd loose signal. It was painfully slow. When I did loose signal I'd have to reboot the modem. I just run a charter test with 3 other windows open. I'll post the screen shot.

<a  href=%7Boption%7Dhttp://www.greatlakesfisherman.com/gallery/files/8/7/charter_test_screen_shot_downsized.jpg' alt='charter_test_screen_shot_downsized.jpg'>

well that just stinks frank. i work for frontier (old Verizon) land line,not wireless, as far as the 800 numbers some companys are better than others and yes that does suck!! even i catch flack from cust, not to stick up for them at all ,ive never dealt with em (charter) but... they should of sent out some kind of notice or email advising cust of the upgrade they did that made your equipment obsolete! in the least!! i know the squeeky wheel gets the grease.... at least with us and most of the time you dont have to squeek to loud they are really good. for your future i have a wireless card from altell, dont have any other service yet, and that works pretty good, but its kinda pricey, one thing i can tell ya is defintely, the squeeky wheel gets the grease no company wants to lose a cust or have a p.u.c complaint filed on them!! good luck:thumb: