New Diver

me and some friends were talking about this and in our opinion there are some inherent problems with this...how do you know where they are at underwater..how close can you get to that boat..how can you tell dimensionally where your spread is going especially when another boat is coming at you with the same thing underwater..and like terry brought up at the show..how far away from the nets do you need to be..at least with planers you can see your spread

My problem would be with using different types of setups, the way they claim they pull to the side they would get into coppers or lead cores. We all know that not one presentation is the only presentation that seems to work each day. sometimes copper is better than lead at the same depth and vice versa. That is why we have lead, copper, wire divers, and braid divers, also mono rods that we use keel sinkers and 1 1/2 lb balls plus the riggers where we also use different combinations. I can see if that was only going to be the rig for the day but you never know what the fish are going to want, and i cant see his claim of being the only rig you will need with seeing fish liking the different presentations. I also dont like not knowing where the paits are. He claims it takes a little time to learn where each weight is running. I dont know about you guys but i am not going out and GUESSING where my baits are and hoping they are where the fish are. Espically with gas prices the way they are going to be this summer. I dont have the time or gas money to figure them out. I am out there to catch as many fish as possible in the shortest given time to not spen a fortune in gas. If there were dive curves i would probably try them. Now i cant see doing it. I think they need to do the work if they want to sell this product.

On the napolean dynamite movie, i like a lot of dumb humor, but i thought that was the worst movie ever made. I just dont see the humor and can't stand a slow movie.

Hated that movie, but willing to give this a try. Can't see how you could run more than one on a side when you have no idea where it is, but I like the idea of reeling in maybe 150 ft of mono instead of 300 feet of lead core! I never have run more than one board on a side anyway. I could run two of theses with two diver's set at 2 and two poles out the back with torpedo divers. For a 6 rod spread. Sounds like a great spread to me. I am not of big fan of copper or lead core. I don't like the "fight" with the fish with either it just feels like dead weight with copper and lead core.

I would be interested in seeing what those that actually try them have to say about them. I agree that without some type of dive chart there would be a lot of guessing involved. From the looks of the video they do not appear to pull as hard as a dispy does and that I do like as I run mostly med lite rods and a couple mediums. I am not a fan of using broomsticks for rods. Would also like to know what their impact is when fighting a fish. Will be looking forward to seeing the results.

looks like a lot of trouble to get the same results. I have tried slide divers and there is always a catch. tubing wears out or line gets pinched and breaks. Think I will stick to the good old Walker divers and keep running my riggers. Copper and lead on inline boards get me out where I need to be. If you are running all of the new gadgets you can, where are u gonna get enough anglers to stay comfortable on the boat and stay legal on the number of rods u run.

I always knew these to just be Divers, not Diiivers. Anyhow, looks like he kinda incorporated the slide diver technique, but now you have to add your own weights to it to work, and like others say, hard to tell where the bait is going to be. I do like the fact it can dive alot deeper, but some of our mag divers with big rings and a small wt. can do equally the same. Saw the video, but no pricing, I'm guessing $25 each or more? Anyhow, maybe someday, I'll check on others like Matt to see how they work first. I have slide divers I can modify for now.

• 2 weeks later...
I saw this on a diff forum. Seems like a pretty cool idea.

http://www.anglers-experience.com/

I notice they have "replacement parts" for these divers. I'm assuming they've maybe had problems with failures in the field. The parts the have replacements for are key parts so I'm a little skeptical. Not sure if I buy into these yet, but keeping an open mind if I hear otherwise from those who are willing to try them. I'll stick to my planers for now.

The one big disadvantage these have is like Slide Divers, you have to thread them on the line. I can't see them replacing boards unless you're running a very limited spread. Maybe down the road some of these issues will be addressed.

They were at the D and R show. Kind of looked interesting but without dive curves, I didn't pull the trigger. The guy running the table said they're getting a dive curve going this spring.

Not a big fan of having to thread the line through and then tie on a swivel. Kind of PIA, but then so are many things we use.

• 4 weeks later...

hey everybody

i,ve used dipsy,s then walkers then last year i switched to the lite bite divers. i just love them. i walleye fish lake erie. we use alot of worm harnesses so we get alot of small trash fish. white perch yellow perch white bass sheep head to name a few. the lite bites will usely trip on these if you get the trigger set right. i dont use the slide part of the diver. so i dont have to worry about parts wearing out. i use braid line and tie to the front arm then i lace my leader on the back and tie it to an o ring. then just put it over the trigger. now if the fish are boat shy then you might want to use the slide part so you can have a long leader. as for the dive curve its about the same as the other divers. they do have different weights you can use and 2 size rings you can use to get more depth. i just use the stock weight and the small ring and i dont have any trouble at all fishing them out to the side and still fishing 50 to 65 ft. deep. thats just where my fish are. and you can get all the extra gear and a dive chart from the guy that invented them. im not at home right now so i dont have the web sites for you right now. but i think slidediver.com is one of them. he has package deals and if your a charter capt. he will give you a better deal. there is also a video on this site you should watch. he has the standard colors. there is another site that sells the metalick colors. i will put it on here when i get home to my computer. the best thing about these is the fact that you can adjust the rod part of the diver then set the lure part of the diver. hope this helps some of you. if you have any questions you can message me. im glad to try and help any way i can. have a great season.

....sherman....