minkota I pilot

hey all . last year i put a minkota I pilot tera gps bow mount on the rig and my question is, for the hand remote how long does the battery last?? i used it a bit but not alot maybee 40 hours all together. how do i change the batt for it i cant remeber seeing any screws on the remote?? thanks i m gonna change them before the season i hope!! good luck stay safe

Better question is: how do you like the I-pilot? How tight will it hold to a sharp break when following a previous track?

Thank you.

Haven't used it much for holding tracks but it will hold over a school of perch. During the summer I love it, not having to mess with an anchor, just roll over the school and hit spot-lock. We used record a track a little bit for summer 'eyes and it worked good but we weren't following a specific break. I think it kept us on according to the GPS though.

I think the iPilot was the best thing I ever bought for my boat. I use the auto pilot function all the time while trolling. I still use my main motor for power but set the iPilot to about four and then hit the auto pilot when setting lines or when I got a fish on. The thing is totally awesome. The spot lock also works great. I have used it in 25+ winds and according to the GPS it will keep me in a 15'-20' circle. When it is calm, it holds you within a couple of feet.