Browns

One of my favorite ways for browns is actually not in a boat. Up on platte bay frankfort surf casting with steelhead skein you can limit every morning just after ice out, and pick up lurking steelies. Also casting off the peir in frankfort with cleos or thunderstick jrs.

Matt ludington there is a trick to catching browns. and it isn't in a boat. Now i haven't fished that spot in about 4 years but for 15 yrs plus i took fish there. Go to the city municipal just after ice out. stand on the rocks and cast towards the badger. Again right after ice out. Lil cleos in gold and orange work best. I have taken my fair share of fish right there. You'll also hook up with a steelhead or two through the spring fishing right there. Another spot i hooked a lot of brown is in pentwater on the pier. If you are going to the state park there is a little city park right along the pier on the right. park there and there is a grey house(mansion) stand in the middle of that house casting lil cleos gold and orange and you'll get fish there. i have fished up and down from there but have my best ratio right in the middle of that hous.