Sea Nymph or Crestline Sabre

Gentlemen and Ladies,

I need some help with a decision on a new (used) boat. The Sea Nymph is a 1988 GLS 220 with a 228 hp I/O open coolant system. The Sabre is a 1987 great lakes edition. It has a 170 hp I/O closed coolant system. Anyone has any opinions about either boat?

Thanks,

Shane

Both boats are very similar. I think you would be very happy either way. I have a 1988 22' Sabre with the 170 hp I/O. I love it! fishes like a dream, a little hard to get trolled down, but a simple bag or a plate seams to work just fine. If you have any other questions about this platform feel free to ask. Great site here! Welcome!

I ran across this starcraft islander with a similar platform to the others. http://grandrapids.craigslist.org/boa/2209279039.html I know a lot of others love the islanders. I personally have never fished one, but do know they are similar.

Never fished the others but have fished Islanders very similiar to that and they are really nice. If i woulda had money/space this year I woulda bought one of dem. They all look like nice fishing rigs with lots of room in the back. Good Luck

Update, The marina's website had a misprint on the actual motor in the boat. Its actually an 898 motor. I have been told this is still a good motor and part aviablitiy should not be a problem. I have a budy that is an ex marine mech going with me to check everything else out. Thanks to everyone for the thoughts and opinions.