New Kicker

Killin' It

I have a merc pro kicker. It is very cold blooded takes a few times to start.I warm it up when i warm the big motor up while launching.After that it works great.I have had to clean one of the plugs one time fouled out(I tend to run it really low walleye fishing when I should put out bags and run it at higher rpms)I have had a bunch of people ask me how mine runs saying that theres are trouble though.I don't know what help this is .Just my experience. I believe honda makes a high thrust kicker too(how can you go wrong with a honda) Again I am happy with my merc and it was expensive so it has to perform very nicely to make me happy.Hope this helps some.

I see you are in Holland. Give Vans Sportcenter a call they are located on alpine 1/2 block south of Ann street in GrandRapids. I have had alot of dealings with them and they are great, and have a large supply of new and used motors for sale.They stand behind everything they sell 110%.

I have run a Mercury Big Foot 15 HP for the past 6 years without a hitch. I can troll slow .5 mph for walleye and lakers and will push my 24' at 6 mph. It keeps my battery with all of my electronics in full charge as well. Get a good solid metal motor mount when you put it on the boat.