Beagle pups

silver one

So my 13 year old which you have all seen before and as you know loves rabbit hunting, lastnight on Michigan our of doors we saw a rabbit hunting special. There is probobly nothing more fun to a 13 year old then hunting rabbits behind a good beagle. I have over the years owned a dozen of them or so but shifted to bird dogs as I got older. Now that my son is at that age and really insistant on getting a beagle, I am in the market to look at beagle pups.

Anyone out there know of anyone in this market within 50 miles of Martin Michigan.

I have done some searches on google and craigs list and Have found a couple of dogs for sale but nothing what I would call real local. Having a hunting background is real important. Information would be greatly apreciated.

Beagles are awesome. My wife and I are on our third Beagle. He's what they call a pocket beagle and is only 12 lbs. We don't hunt them but they make great pets for the kids. The breeder we got ours from has a great line of hunting beagles with many champions. Do a search for Hocomock Swamp Beagles. I think that's their web site. Only problem they are in Massachusetts. You could alos do a search for Beagle rescue sites

dj010.jpg

009.jpg

My wife and I volunteer at the SPCA in Kalamazoo. Don't know if you're set on a puppy, but there is a beagle there named "Arnold" that has one heck of a nose on him. Not sure of his background, but can check for you if you'd like. He is one of my favorites and I would love to see him go to a good home.