Kicker fuel tank questions

I have a 3 gallon plastic gas tank for my kicker and I would like to place it under the floor of my boat and extend the neck of the tank up. I would need to extend this neck up for 2 reasons: Make it easier fueling and to keep the gas fumes from becoming trapped under the floor next to my battery.

Are there any adapters that are made for doing this? I have looked around a bit and have not found anything.

I have a 3 gallon plastic gas tank for my kicker and I would like to place it under the floor of my boat and extend the neck of the tank up. I would need to extend this neck up for 2 reasons: Make it easier fueling and to keep the gas fumes from becoming trapped under the floor next to my battery.

Are there any adapters that are made for doing this? I have looked around a bit and have not found anything.

It's illegal and dangerous to enclose a portable gas tank. The Coast Guard is the Authority that regulates these things.

I split my kicker line off my main tank line. Pretty easy task, all that is needed is a Y splitter, a little more fuel line and some hose clamps. Only one tank to worry about then.

Wouldn't that depend on if you have a four stroke or a two stroke kicker and if you main motor is an outboard and oil injected and your kicker is a two stroke you would still have to mix the oil for the kicker. It's a great way to go if you have all four strokes though.

Tom

I have the same set up as Dogfish. My main engine is a 2 stroke 150 outboard with oil injection. My kicker is a 15 hp four stroke. The only difference is I have a switch to direct the fuel from one engine or the other. It works great and I only have one main tank.

The tank would not be under the floor, but under the raised platform on the back. This area is vented well with large screens and is accessible. I do not think it would be illegal to place it there. Maybe I am wrong. I just need to extend the neck on the tank up about 6 inches. It is a Honda 5 HP. I have been looking for fuel fill hoses/caps on various sites, but have not found one that screws into the plastic thread on the kicker tank.

Not sure if what I am looking for even exists or what it is called. Would rather not plum into my main tank on the boat. want to keep to seperate tanks.

Adam, I'm not sure what you have, but I don't think any adapter fittings are available for portable tanks. I could be wrong on availability.:)

Your initial post said, "I have a 3 gallon plastic gas tank for my kicker and I would like to place it under the floor of my boat and extend the neck of the tank up". I saw an accident waiting to happen and was concerned. :)