Went 7/9 today out of Manistee, four adult kings and three steelies. Got everything around 150 fow. Glow spoons and meat rigs were the best. Then I woke up, saw that there is still three feet of snow outside and the temp. was 5 degrees. I promptly rolled over and went back to sleep. C'mon spring.

Chris

It did last year, pushing ice out of the launch. Had to wait for the wind to clear the entrance to the river, On another day.

Last year there was 200 yds of ice off north pier on Fri night. So sat morn we launched to find the wind switched and blew it across channels mouth. 50-100' of ice between us and the open water.:mad:

Guys you are getting suntans and watching downriggers in March and I am still cutting two feet of ice in the UP. Only a couple of more weeks left and you can trailer your boats. Watch that drift ice that will be coming out of the UP its pretty thick this year. I think that it was thick enough that a few more of our coyotes on steroids made it across.

Some guy told me to try ice fishing, I asked how fast do u troll?

i am still saving up for a trenching machine so i can cut a slot to troll.mount a rigger and rodholder on the grizzly and i am fishing:thumb:

is it spring yet?

I was out at an old trout hotspot yesterday on Lake Michigan I have never seen this before but there were sheets of ice sticking up in the air that were over 10 feet tall. I will probably give it a couple of weeks before I go back out there again as it was hell just getting out to the flat ice and back but I wanted to give it a try. Amazing what mother nature can do.