Looking for help

Ice_man_08

Well i am kinda new to the waterfowl world. Been on 1 goose hunt and killed 1 mallard. After that i was hooked. I just got a new dog that is getting sent to a school for hunting this summer and i would like to try to hunt him on some ducks this fall. Bout the only thing i have a shotgun (870) waders and a young puppy. My father in law has some duck decoys. No clue as to what shape they are in. What i really need is a starting point. What gear. I know i need calls, waders, camo, decoys. But what brands are good? Are there any classes in the Grand Rapids area that offer how to call birds? Anyone out there willing to help me learn how to set up a spread? How to call/when to call. I dint even care of i get to hunt, just being able to get my dog some action and learn a few things would be awsome. Thanks in advance to anyone who offers to help a guy out.

Always looking for people to hunt the Muskegon Wastewater with me.

Only thing is, if the dog ruins the hunt or if anything stupid happens with a shot gun, you'll be asked to leave immediately. I understand dogs can freak out when they are new, and we can work on that. I know my kids count on having dad around for a while, so anything dumb with a gun is not forgivable.

PM me come early October.....

Always looking for people to hunt the Muskegon Wastewater with me.

Only thing is, if the dog ruins the hunt or if anything stupid happens with a shot gun, you'll be asked to leave immediately. I understand dogs can freak out when they are new, and we can work on that. I know my kids count on having dad around for a while, so anything dumb with a gun is not forgivable.

PM me come early October.....

I am a responsible firearm owner. But i will have to respectfully decline to hunt with your group.

• 3 months later...

There is a hunting and calling clinic on June 25 at Lynch Mob Calls Shop in Erie Michigan. The cost is Free. you can see the info on this event on averyoutdoorsforum under duck and goose calling, or on ffwaterfowl has a posting giving the info on it. hope this helps you..