copper question and braided dipsey question

hi guys working on my gear well i got copper on the way from blood run 32 pound, and im gonna rig up a 300 and 350 just wondering wat kind of backing should i use and how long of a leader at the end and in the past i have run mono on my dipsey rods with decent succsess but here wire or braid may be better i would lke to stick with braid any reccomendations on what pound and what brand any info is appreciated thank you.

for a leader, ten level winds +/- on the reel. gives you enough to cut back when needed. when you get under 10ish feet, redo it.

i use mono backing but i an in the minority on that. most people use some sort of braid. braid will allow for more backing but i prefer mono for the stretch factor. and honestly, i have never needed more backing.

i have switched exclusively to wire divers, even last summer in 20 fow and less. i love wire divers!

I run 2 wire rods with dipseys, I think the wire out performes the braid 10 to 1. I use braid (50lb) on all my downrigger rods. This year I bought 2 new wire rods & I am going to try wire with rubber bands off the planer boards, Hope I aM Not crazy.

i also prefer the wire for the dipseys..on the copper rods im on the side of power pro backer then a section of mono then the copper..mainly becouse you can get larger amounts of copper on smaller reals and becouse the mono degrades over time and whenn you have to replace the mono backing every couple of years it becomes a lot more expensive than the power pro..you just replace the section you put in between the copper and the power pro..i checked the breaking strength on some 30 pound backer i had on a reel i ran for 2 years and it broke at 19 pounds

i also prefer the wire for the dipseys..on the copper rods im on the side of power pro backer then a section of mono then the copper..mainly becouse you can get larger amounts of copper on smaller reals and becouse the mono degrades over time and whenn you have to replace the mono backing every couple of years it becomes a lot more expensive than the power pro..you just replace the section you put in between the copper and the power pro..i checked the breaking strength on some 30 pound backer i had on a reel i ran for 2 years and it broke at 19 pounds

I agree Don. Wire dipseys are the shiznit. I prefer a little bit stronger backer on my copper. Most of mine are 30 but i like the 40 or 50lb test since i use the 45lb copper. I dont wanna lose $25 worth of copper with a lighter weight backer. The size difference is minimal and still way smaller than mono. I try to get on as much backer as possible, just in case. I bought some Ripcord in the past and actually preferred it over powerpro. I did start adding a 30' section off mono between copper and backer to clip on. Hate to add extra knots but really hate to have boards release.

I start with a 50' flouro leader on my core and copper as it gets trimmed often. So do my cores and coppers too:o