Snowmobile advice

Pioneer

I have been looking at getting a new older sled and the miles on a sled are not really as much a factor as the yeart. Most low milage sleds have had the speedo disconnected to not register miles.I am not saying you do this but I see it a lot. But in good condition You could get between 1500 and 2000. Put it up for 2000 and see what comes. If no one bites lower it. Most craiglist 1996 sleds in good conditon run from 900- 1800 with way more miles.

Steve

Thanks guys. I helped a good friend move who is going through a NASTY divorce. He gave me 2 sleds, the aluminum trailor with all his gear for free. He is leaving the state to goto California and said keep them, thanks for the friendship. They were stored inside and mint cond. Got all the paper work and registration stuff. I guess the sun shines on a dogs ass every once in a while.:D

Depends when you want to sell it. Try to sell it right now with all the snow,Guys have the itch and will pay. I would start at 2500 and take no less then 1800 for it. I have been in the snowmobile busness all my life and snowmobiles are a crap shoot, the weather dictates the price its a supply and demand thing. after the season the you might just as well hang on to it untill the beginning of the next season. I have a 1997 indy xlt 600 that is still showroom quality that I bought new off the floor from my brother who sell them. its one of a dozen ive owned over the years. I have it all cutomized out Motor redone by Flannery motor sport.wiesco pistons V force reeds fox racing shocks rpg clutch springs ported and polished head New Macoony 38mm tripple carbs. It is a sweet sled. but it is 14 years old and only has 2400 miiles original on it. only 400 miles on new motor. Its still, at best, is only worth about 2000 on a good seson. 1200 out of season. If your were to trade it they would give you a thousand and sell it for 3000 from a dealership. Hope this helps you with your decision.:thumb: