How much white Stuff you got?

propman

We got somewhere between 8-18". I'm thinking closer to a foot. It's so hard to tell as we live on top of a hill in the middle of fields. Everything blows around and drifts in. We got 4" yesterday morning before the big storm. The supervisors said that over 100 people had taken today off when I left last night out of about 300. And they were taking calls left and right. I heard they closed GM and the State offices in Lansing.

24'' with drifts....well bigger then i can even count. we got stopped this morning on a county highway by drifts that were at least 12 feet high.

spent from 10pm until 11am rescuing stranded motorists. any description i can give of what it was like out in the blizzard would never do it justice. absolutely unbelievable, like in a movie. put our fire department hummer in the ditch twice, once up to the windows, thankfully we were able to get ourselves out both times. our ladder truck was stranded for a couple hours and one of our engines was stranded for about 6 hours.

throw in a house fire and a car vs snowplow accident before the storm, i am glad to finally be going home 34 hours after my 24 hour shift started. definitely a once in a career shift.

i will be happy if i never see another snow storm the rest of my life.

somewhere in the 16-18" here. The shop was open but none of the suppliers were. Working in a body shop and owning a 4wd truck we are expected to be at work. When I woke up this morning a city plow was assisting a medic unit that was stuck on our street. He had plowed the snow right up to my truck. Put it in 4low and walked right out. We have 8ft fences at work and the snow was well over the top before they plowed out the lot. out west of us they had the National Guard helping out with all the stuck cars an plowing operations. some of the drifts were 20ft.

I am in one of the worst hit areas. right at the shouthern tip of Lake Michigan! Here is the view after I opened the garage door! 179875_1636608188450_1034072493_31395915_1981881_n.jpg

Here is the view of the front of my house. 168146_1636609708488_1034072493_31395923_1044236_n.jpg

And i just loved the tops of these drifts in front of a 6 foot high fence! 168177_1636605668387_1034072493_31395905_4520524_n.jpg