Steelhead Rig

3 color with dbl orange crush 5 color with Silver Streak Yellow Tail and full core with Ace Hi Yellow tail. Pull the flashers and run a Orange Chilly Willie and a Screwball behind the divers if I am going slow enough to run them. Also Big Weenie Vibrator head flies for sliders on the rigger rods. Deepest rigger will have a big paddle and fly other rigger will have a Ace Hi Blue Mylar. Once you find them feed em whatever they want the most. If it did not cost so much to find them I would go after Steelhead every trip starting at about 8 am. Once the Salmon are all staging I am usually out west after them and love having the lake to my self while every one is running each other over in the channel.

A j-11 orange/gold rapala 100' behind a board. I usually run 1/4 ounce of weight 6 ft in front of it, but sometimes no weight or more weight is needed, let the fish tell you what they want. The weight not only gets the lure down a few more feet, but it catches alot of crap that will otherwise slide down the line and foul the lure. I only run the rear hook, which I change to a larger treble than the stock one, I have had the front hooks foul on the line and nothing is more discouraging than pulling in a useless fouled lure and wondering how long it has been that way. I can't wait to get back out there!

Well theres a couple few that always catch fish for me. Silver dipsey with a orange lazer red ladder proking 25-40 feet out set on 3 1/2 this rod will take strikes in 30-70+degree water it will suprize you....and my go to lures on the boards over the years....silver with a orange crush diagonal tape stinger, silver with a strip of orange lazer on one side stinger.....I know it sounds simple and lame....but they work...and its a good option for the lures that have lost there paint.....i'd put my steelhead catching abilities up against ne one and these have been my main gotos for 20 years +

For my core and copper its Tangerine,Kandy Apple,Agent Orange,Steelie Stomper and yellow killer to name the top 5. For divers i like the orange slide diver with a 25 ft lead. Riggers pink panties were really good on free sliders and main line.( there all stinger spoons)

As you can see by the posts' just about any spoon that has some orange in it in the top 50 foot of water should give you good results. I purchased my church boards in September with my lead core. I rigged my my 10 core with a double orange crush. I rigged my 5 core with a blue dolphin and both produced a lot of bites. I lost more than I got in the boat. I forget to slow the troll down I am sure that would help. Those fish will do anything to throw the lure. Some of them got some air! Troll very fast nothing under 3 mph. I even caught 2 going over 5 mph, when I was just trying to get the boat back to the harbor in 6 foot waves. That is a experience I don't want to repeat. I think the slowest I am going to troll this year is 2.8 and faster. When I target any fish out there. Cover more water and then your more likely to find that aggressive fish. Thats what the captain also said at your salmon fishing seminar. I will be at the swap. I hope to meet some of you guys in person. This is a very friendly informative web site I have learned a lot. Thanks again!