For the West Michigan fishing League only

caznik

what do you like to do for ice in coolers  

15 members have voted

1. 1. what do you like to do for ice in coolers

• Keep all coolers with bagged ice or blocked ice(No lose ice)
    • Just keep it the same way like we have it now. (Just keep the cooler with ice for your fish)

Ok Teams,

I was told by a team that is in the fishing league that in big tournaments there is not suppose to be lose ice in coolers at the weigh in and out fishing. I know that this is no big tournament and this is only friends off the web site that just want to go out and have a great time fishing together. So I am posting this to see what you all think we should do for the next event and the future of all events for 2007. I will not give out the person that told me this, so please just vote on it and lets see what you have to say about it if you have any thought about it. So should we keep all ice bagged and block ice. Or just play it like we allways have been and just go out and have fun and enjoy fishing together. I am going to put this post up so I know who voted, so there is nobody else that is not in the league voting. I don't really care what the vote is, but its something that I do to make things fair for everyone.

Rich

First Comment - Rich you are doing an awesome job.

Second Comment - If there is someone who is in a yank about the weight of an ice cube they should go fish somewhere else. Our league is for fun and to get together with a great bunch of guys (and gals).

Third Comment - If someone is shoving ice down a fishes throat before our weigh-in because they are taking our tournament too seriously, they should go fish somehwere else.

I am sorry for being on such a soap box about this but I think that our group and this tournament are excellent and the help we give each other out on the water is an example of how fishing should be. The money we chip in should be just for fun and not taken too seriously. Besides that, ice down inside the fish doesn't help keep the beer very cold.

First Comment - Rich you are doing an awesome job.

Second Comment - If there is someone who is in a yank about the weight of an ice cube they should go fish somewhere else. Our league is for fun and to get together with a great bunch of guys (and gals).

Third Comment - If someone is shoving ice down a fishes throat before our weigh-in because they are taking our tournament too seriously, they should go fish somehwere else.

I am sorry for being on such a soap box about this but I think that our group and this tournament are excellent and the help we give each other out on the water is an example of how fishing should be. The money we chip in should be just for fun and not taken too seriously. Besides that, ice down inside the fish doesn't help keep the beer very cold.

Thanks guys,

This is just a thought that someone has mentioned to me today and I just wanted everyones vote. I will do this for anyone that is in the league that has an idea. This team doen't think anyone has cheated but in the rules in pro tournaments I guess they cannot have loose ice. But we are not no pros in anyways to me. Like Hunt4ever said, if you have big fish then you have big fish. Like for me in September i will have bigger fish than all you guys. Also allways feel free to say what you want on any votes.

LOL,

Rich

I voted to keep it the way it is. Although this was my first event for the West Mi league ... I have fished a few diff events with most of you before (usually in someone else's ride). The thing that I like most is that these events are informal, and meant (IMHO) to be a good time. If I wanted serious and 'cut-throat' ... I'd go join a Bass League.:no:

I plug my live well and throw loose ice in there, and that is where I store my fish (yup, it is a rather large livewell). However, if we need to go to bagged or block ice ... I can deal with that also.

Ed

If Im going to shove something down the fishes gut for weight it will surely would not be an ice cube, I prefer to use 1# drop weights!

I think the way your currently doing it is just great.

Dave

PS: If I just would have jammed another 4 once snap weight down that little one last Sunday I would have taken 1st place!

I was going to vote to change. . . then I peaked @ the poll and felt pressure to keep it the same!?!?!

:no: J/K. . . I have to agree with Oakley. If we are all in this for the same reason, then the question would not have been asked.

BTW, can I bring my previous day's catch to the next weigh-in? :rotflmao:

Ok Guys,

I am not going to be on for a few days. So be nice on here. All this is is a poll to see if there should be a change or not. The was no complaining at all here. The Team is a good guy and just had a thought. So I do not want to here that any captain shouldn't be on the league. You know what I do when someone happens to think of a new rule. I make it fair and let everyone vote on it. So keep it clean and I will see you Monday if not Sunday. I am going to frankfort and get some 40lb. fish.

Later,

Caznik

I want to apologize if I came across too harsh. Rich - I know that you asked the question for some honest feed back and that you didn't mean anything by it. I got a little riled up because I have been in and heard of too many "fun" leagues where some of the guys started getting serious and made the league not much fun to be in anymore. Not that I think any of the guys in our league would do that, it's just that the question started me going down that road. My bad and my apologies. Humbly submitted - Brian

I want to apologize if I came across too harsh. Rich - I know that you asked the question for some honest feed back and that you didn't mean anything by it. I got a little riled up because I have been in and heard of too many "fun" leagues where some of the guys started getting serious and made the league not much fun to be in anymore. Not that I think any of the guys in our league would do that, it's just that the question started me going down that road. My bad and my apologies. Humbly submitted - Brian

Its ok Brian,

If someone on the league would like a rule change or something better I will allways put on a poll to see what you all think about it. I want to allways keep this league fun and not like a pro tournament. We are all in this together that has signed up. Its you guys that are in the league that kinda made up the rules. The only thing that I am mad for what you did is you didn't show up in the last event. I sure missed ya there and you are alot of fun to fish with in the league.:D

Sure hope you will make the last one,

Rich

Brian,

I don't think you should need to appologize, you said what most everyone in the leauge feels. The only rule that should be mandatory is to have fun! Rich has done us a very good thing by bringing us the oppertunity to be involved in such a great thing with peoples that enjoy it as much as we do. I for one think we need to keep things simple, that way I can keep up!

Rick

Thanks guys.

I'm sorry I couldn't make the last event. I had a problem with the boat electronics. I am suspecting we had a lightening strike near the house because everything on my boat got fried. The battery was cracked open, the marine radio, the fishfinder, and the stereo were all shorted, the low oil alarm was roasted, and the warning alarm burned out. We had some stuff in the house go bad also. Real Bummer.

Good news is that I got the boat running again and the marine radio is back. My Fishfinder is hopefully on it's way back so I'm going to use my old unit in the mean time. Hope to see you guys soon. I'll bring the ice.:D

Ok League Members,

I am going to close this post because it looks like the results says to stay the same. But remember guys if you ever have an idea for the league just give me a PM and I will put a poll on it to see what everyone thinks about it before I make a change. We are all in this together in everything that has to do with this fishing league. So by this poll you all can have what ever ice you like in your coolers.

Thanks for taking your time and voting on this poll,

Caznik