Transom mount for a cooler

I don't have a livewell on my boat, there fore I use a cooler which takes up room. I'd like to mount some kind of "rack" on the transom ( I have a I/O ) to allow me to store a good sized cooler on it and free up much needed room.

I have looked at Overtons and Boaters World with no luck to find a nice "accessory" to accomplish this task.

Anyone do this?...or know where I can find what I'm looking for?

As always, Thanks.

Steve my platform is homade I made brackets at work and put the platform on that ,it attatches to your hull with 4 screws or bolts. Then i bought a cooler tie down kit from west marine ,I think i used the straps for something else though. jimmy

p.s. sorry for the poor spelling!

Add a swim platform and put it on there.

This is what I currently have, and it isn't big enough for a good sized cooler.

002-5.jpg

I guess I hadn't thought about removng this small one and adding a bigger, wider one.

Is that what you have Jim?.....and Thanks for the offer.

*Edit* I was typing above comment same time as Jim

i would put a platform across the back like others have said. or take jimmy up on his offer. They sell the brackets alone at west marine.

http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?productId=13941&catalogId=10001&langId=-1&storeId=11151&storeNum=10105&subdeptNum=10397&classNum=10399

Mount it just a couple inches above the highest point over your outdrive leaving a couple inches when it is up all the way. Probably about the area of the thicker black trim line. Personally if it were me i would take up jimmy on his offer and use the money you would have spent to buy tackle.

Making some custom brackets you could probably utilize some of the holes especially the ones below or close to the water line. It needs to be fabricated to clear the out drive, transducer cable and speedometer tube. Some standard fittings may be able to be used. Look at the 7/8 inch Stainless Steel Rail and Bimini hardware.

Thanks everyone for the good info. :thumb:

Jimmy PM'd me to say he'd be more than willing to give me his old one, but it was missing a bracket and probably wouldn't fit the profile of my boat. :(

So, I'll be taking your sugggestions and buy/build one to fit. :D

Mine went from the small platform across the boat I left the small one on for the ladder. If you cant find brackets let me know ,your boat is almost the same as my sea ray I think.should not be to hard to come up with some brackets,If you make your own platform do not use wood,It will only last you a year or two (unless you pop for teak) ,use the synthetic or plastic deck wood it will never rot! jimmy