Well, despite the gang buster fishing on the east side ive stuck it out on the west side of the pond. Been real tough for us. Had some skunked trips and the last few we're finally getting closer to succsess. Caught a bunch of undersized fish on Thursday evening. Fished again Saturday. Found a bunch of fish in 23', but they were pretty unreluctant to bite. Not sure if the storm had em shut down or what. Theyd chase it all over, but just wouldnt commit. Buddy and I managed to pull 5, but only a couple keepers for our efforts. Man, was that storm ugly. A complete white out for nearly the entire day. Some friends went out there today and got into them pretty good, so im lookign forward to my return trip to that area. Hopefully tomorrow afternoon.

Yup, darned lucky Ken. That said, its been a very unconvential winter here. We have had unbelievable numbers of shad and the fish are not relating to them. The shad are up tight and the fish are WAY offshore. Most consistant catches are coming out 8+ miles. Very bizzare. Itll only get better as that spawning urge brings them down into the bay. I welcome it, these long rides suck!

but they were pretty unreluctant to bite. Not sure if the storm had em shut down or what.

The Bay wasn't the only place, same thing seemed to be happening on the Au Sable last week as well bro, fish just seemed off the bite. We got fish, but all but 2 were after the storm passed. The fish in the morning were very light on the bite and felt like they were just mouthing it.

Heading out for the first time this year. Not knowing much about that crack that opened up I am heading out of Thomas Rd. Not sure where but will figure that out later. Is it true the crack is 4' or 2'? Wonder how long it is? Like fishing west side much better as am used to it. Hey Doc, you going tomorrow? Skeeter

The cracks ugly Nels. It has changed yet again.

What happend is it got busted up. A section thats anwhere from 3-10' wide busted and got tipped. Its pushed down under the shore side and is now flooded. Tons of slush on both sides of the crack. Other than water splashing everywhere you will have no problems going out. Its the comign in thats the problem as the ice on the shore side makes for a hell of a lip now. You basically have a blunt, 10-15" edge youd contact when trying to cross. And i think if you tried to ease onto it and drive in the water on top of it the piece of ice would just tip and in youd go. I had to look a bit to find a good crossing for my quad. Even then i kamakazied it a bit at WOT.

Call me crazy, but i cant get enough.....The bay continues to be extremely consistant. Ive enjoyed some fantastic fishing over the last several days. Fishing off Erickson in 22' north of the pack. Getting some nice fish too.

Travels tough off the beaten path if your on an ATV. Crack is crossable as well. Just be sure to check before you proceed. Its big water and it can change throughout the day, let alone daily.

Do Jiggers, Doodle Bug Spoons, Jiggin raps and Adam Bombs have been consistant producers for me.

Took this pic with my flexable tripod. Not sure why i got the fog, maybe cause it was so close to the ice?

DSC00244.jpg

Thanks Ken. Definitely not your typical year. Fish are holding deep and everyone abandonded this side to fish east. I mucked it out adn eventually my hard work paid off. Have enjoyed smoe fantastic fishing. Gosh i love living here!:thumb: